X

another bright move by yours truly

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another bright move by yours truly

So I go to throw some octane booster in the tank and the little plastic/cloth washer from the bottle falls in the tank.

what can i expect from this?
    what should i do about it?

Originally posted by smokeshow81 View Post
    So I go to throw some octane booster in the tank and the little plastic/cloth washer from the bottle falls in the tank.

what can i expect from this?
    what should i do about it?
    Use up the tank of gas soon, and then flush it/fish it out...

Petcock will keep it from being a real problem short term, but in the long run it will start to break down into tiny pieces that can clog the carbs...

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

well I was looking at rebuilding the petcock and cleaning the filter anyways. I guess I'll get her out then. I had just filled it too.

Comment

I think the real question is why did you buy the octane booster in the first place?

Snake oil makes you go faster.
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Working...
        X