X

Clutch slippage

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch slippage

When my rmp`s start to kick in the clutch can hold the power.
    I`ve tried to adj it out with no luck
    How hard is it to replace the clutch and the springs?
    I`m new to the site so if there`s a link for clutch replacement please let me know.

I'm told you have to be REAL careful re-torquing the spring retaining bolts , as they snap the hub REALLY easily ......
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by LHOPPER View Post
      When my rmp`s start to kick in the clutch can hold the power.
      I`ve tried to adj it out with no luck
      How hard is it to replace the clutch and the springs?
      I`m new to the site so if there`s a link for clutch replacement please let me know.
      Did you follow the sticky on clutch adjustment? I did and it slipped. I tightened the screw down till it just barely touched and it works just fine. The PO also kinda glazed over the metals so I gave them a quick cleaning with red scotch bright and it has been good ever since.
      Damn you Nicole, We will not speak of the 2012 Rally

Comment

I did change the oil and filter yesterday which seams to be helping. I think the P.O. must of let it sit for some time and some fresh oil will help clean it up.
        Oh BTW Thanks!! to this site for all it`s help and great information!!
        We have all ready be able to remove both side covers, adj the cluch and change the oil, and filter, download a servive manual. All with out breaking anything.
        I can`t wait to see what we can in do, in week 2.
        Last edited by LHOPPER; 06-01-2009, 06:52 PM.

Comment

hmm i had a clutch slippage problem too (probably for a different reason) but im here to tell you after i replaced my entire clutch right down to the left side adjuster bolt...we had a HELL of a time dialing in all the clutch adjustments. so that might be your problem, or it could mean your steels and plates need replaced..and/or your springs too. and MD is right, thats what happend with mine my older brother had a guy work on the bike (it was his at the time) and he overtorqued the bolt and broke the socket and he just decided to put everything back without a bolt or spring *that bike ran for YEARS like that until last year when i had it fixed*

Comment

My clutch slips as well but only at higher revs when I’m giving it the beans. As I go up thought each gear it slips for a few seconds (revving from 7k to about 10k) then starts to come back.

Dose this sound like it needs adjusting or replacing and how difficult is each?

Comment

Working...
            X