X

How to install K&N Air filter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to install K&N Air filter

i have a 97 katana with a stage 1 jet kit installed. i have a K&n air filter and want to install it but the mechanic stold me i have to install a stage 3 jet kit first. do i have to installed a stage 3 jet kit or can i just put the filter in? and cansomeone help me by telling me how to install the airfilter. thank you

1. Take it out of the box.
    2. Throw it as hard as possible into the nearest trash can.

There are two camps on K&N filters here. The "no problem works fine" and the "throw that bugger in the trash" crowd. From my personal experience, throw it in the trash.
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

do i need to install the stage 3 jet kit or i will be good without it?

Comment

if all you have is the K&N and a slip on you do not need the stage 3.

I dont know how the pre's are, but on my 2002 i think all you have to do is remove fairings, tank mount, and tank. (You dont have to take the tank all the way off, just move so can unscrew the filter)
        Last edited by sharpie6; 05-19-2009, 07:53 AM.
        Let's go riding!

Comment

ok thanks. do you know i can get to the air filter? do i have to remove the gas tank?

ok lemi try that. thanks
          Last edited by bennyblanco; 05-19-2009, 08:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Honestly, and I don't mean this as a negative or trash talk, if you cant figure out how to install the air filter you probably don't have the knowledge to struggle with all the adjustments to try and get it to run right. They are a PAIN to adjust and you might have a lot of work cut out for yourself.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jdm5770 View Post
              Honestly, and I don't mean this as a negative or trash talk, if you cant figure out how to install the air filter you probably don't have the knowledge to struggle with all the adjustments to try and get it to run right. They are a PAIN to adjust and you might have a lot of work cut out for yourself.
              My thoughts exactly.

If you don't know where the air filter is, then god help you with tuning around a K&N.
              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              Originally posted by soulless kaos
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

On top of that , if you get your stage III running decent , riding on the street will be .... tricky sometimes . Which I don't think is something you'll wanna deal with in traffic , which I'd be willing to bet you see plenty of judging by your location ....
                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Comment

Oh MD that's gold.

I was going to add.......

Another K&N Thread. Now with 5% new content!

Comment

Thank you , I'll be here all week . Don't forget to tip your waitress .
                      Now about getting this thread locked .....

Comment

My eyes! My eyes! They are Burning!
                        -Steve

sigpic
                        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Working...
                        X