X

89' Kat Gas Tank Wires

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 89' Kat Gas Tank Wires

Stupid me forgot to label or pay attention to what I was doing when I removed the gas tank to change the spark plugs but what I'm in search for is what wires do I hook up the gas tank to in order to get the readout on the gauge.

Much Thanks

Main wiring harness should be running down the right side of the bike, coming out of it will be 2 wires right behind the engine, before the battery area. That is what you should look for. The wires should match up to the ones coming out of the gas gauge on the tank.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Ok done thanks so much but turned it on and go nothing started it up...nothing so do I just have to ride around for it to register or....

Comment

Well, I'll ask the obvious question first...

Is there gas in it?

If it's mostly full, and it's not registering at all, you might have an issue with either.... it's stuck all the way down (sat near empty and now is frozen) or the sending unit might be bad.

I'd suggest taking the unit out of the tank and inspect it to make sure it can move freely.

Krey

Oh, and make sure the wires match each other... black with white line hooked to black with white line as an example....

Krey
        Last edited by Kreylyn; 04-30-2009, 02:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
          Well, I'll ask the obvious question first...

Is there gas in it?

If it's mostly full, and it's not registering at all, you might have an issue with either.... it's stuck all the way down (sat near empty and now is frozen) or the sending unit might be bad.

I'd suggest taking the unit out of the tank and inspect it to make sure it can move freely.

Krey

Oh, and make sure the wires match each other... black with white line hooked to black with white line as an example....

Krey
          Completely full tank and yes its not registering at all and all wires are color matched so ill check those things out though

Comment

Use a flashlight, and you should be able to see if the float is towards the bottom of the tank.

Stating the obvious again, but do NOT use an open flame...

If it's not at the bottom, then at least you eliminated it being stuck.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Comment

If it's the wires , the needle will be on the pin . If it's the float not floating , the needle will be in the red , but still KINDA floating , and not on the pin .....
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
              X