X

engine

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine

hi i had my katana for about 6months drove it a couple off times but now i want to make it a streetfighter but i was taking my engine out when i took the too middle spark wires off they had oil and dirt is that really bad i was wondering if the engine from the newer 98 and up katana would fit on my 90 katana 600 thanks

Originally posted by fjg080183 View Post
    hi i had my katana for about 6months drove it a couple off times but now i want to make it a streetfighter but i was taking my engine out when i took the too middle spark wires off they had oil and dirt is that really bad i was wondering if the engine from the newer 98 and up katana would fit on my 90 katana 600 thanks

Not trying to be mean, but I seriously do not understand what this means, with no punctuation having been used. Is that one question? Multiple questions? ???

I'm just confused, but will take a stab at an answer...

Old engines get dirty, you can clean them. If spark is still there, then no need to worry. A post engine will fit into the frame of the pres, the majority of the frame is the same, with primary differences being the mounting tabs for the body work.

Not sure that answered your question...

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

yes it does help im not good with computers it takes me a while to type sorry. thanks for the reply i was kind of worried

what about the oil on the wire what can that be im new at this bike stuff
      Last edited by fjg080183; 04-27-2009, 09:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Is it fresh oil? Does it come back after cleaning the wire? Have you cleaned the entire engine and checked for leaks?

If it's a leak your worried about, clean the engine, and check later for more oil. If none re-appears, I don't think there is a problem. If it does come back, then finding the leak will help to resolve the issue.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

na is not fresh oil. what kind of oil can i use on this bike i drain it because im taking the engine outso i could chrome the frame. im new at this bike stuff im use to cars

Comment

Bikes are the same as cars without all the crap in the way.

Use motorcycle specific oil.
            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
            Originally posted by soulless kaos
            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

that they are, an engine is an air pump. They take in air and exhaust air. If you get that concept you got it.

Originally posted by fjg080183 View Post
              i could chrome the frame. im new at this bike stuff im use to cars
              I've taken 1 bike apart to have the frame chromed. It was Bo Jackson's Hayabusa. Are you Bo Jackson? Do you own a Hayabusa? I'm guessing no and no.
              Last edited by arsenic; 04-27-2009, 10:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
              X