X

How to polish swrils out?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to polish swrils out?

was wondering if someone could help me, in detail, figure the steps needed to polish the swrils out from my tank. I have a handheld polisher and air compressor and many differnt type of polishing liquids and compounds. I also have the Maguires 3 step polishing system. Feed back needed, thanks.
    Shinny side up!

i use the three part system with damp cotton terry cloth towels for the cleaner and polish, and for the wax, I use a cotton cloth similar to a tee shirt. slightly damp also.

Just keep working it in a little at a time for each step. keep going back and forth with the curves of the bike. i never wax or polish in circles, and I never let the wax or polish dry. just keep rubbing for a few minutes and then with another clean terry cloth wipe the excess away. take your time and you will see the spider webs disappearing.

Comment

Leave the polisher on the shelf and do it by hand. My weapon of choice is 3M Perfect-It.
      2000 Katana 600
      2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

I've had good luck with a Mother's Powerball, my drill, and some Scratch X
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

I had a friend that has a polisher and Menzerna polish do mine, I'm too impatient. I didn't even know my paint had metal flake in it before he polished it, that's how oxidized it was.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

^thats how my brother and I found out about his purple flake

Comment

I use a cyclo-orbital polished with green pads, doesnt matter how long/hard you polish it wont hurt the paint.... The mcguires three step is a good process. The cleaner wax will take out most of the scratches. I prefer to use a micro-fiber towel for both application and removal.
              Originally posted by arsenic
              93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

Working...
              X