Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

how do u get the rear fairings off of a 96 kat 750 to make it sharper looking?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do u get the rear fairings off of a 96 kat 750 to make it sharper looking?

Just wondering how u take them off. if anyone has pics then please send them to me. thanks

Take the screws out It's pretty self explanatory.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

After you remove the screws there's a couple of plugs that fit inside rubber grommets, pulling the fairing strait out from these points will release them. You will have to remove a couple screws that go through both the rear and main farings that you'll replace after you take the piece off as well if I remember right.
      Katriders.com, we've got dumb answers!

Comment

Originally posted by HexKrak View Post
        After you remove the screws there's a couple of plugs that fit inside rubber grommets, pulling the fairing strait out from these points will release them.
        Good call, forgot about the pressure fittings.
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

then you go at it with your dremmel to make it (sharper looking)

Comment

There is a near step by step pictorial of me removing the entrire pre 750 tail from my bike in my tail mod.

This is place to post up your long term projects. Projects that took you a while to get done. Post them here. Examples like kwebbel's build up , B-12 engine swaps, swing arm swaps etc..would go here.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
            X