X

Replacing Old Tank Guard

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing Old Tank Guard

Recently decided to get rid of the fugly tank guard...

...and replace it with something nicer!

It was old so most of it peeled off pretty easily. I used a razor to peel off most of the leftover pieces, but couldn't get it all off.

Using a wipe all, some WD 40 and a little elbow grease, the rest of the glue came off fairly easily.

Then I just lined up the new one....

Viola!
    Attached Files
    Pray Ride Live Love

1994 GSX600F

Good job cause that first one was super ugly!!!!
    LoL

Comment

i'm pretty sure i wouldnt have allowed myself to be seen in public with the previous pad.. what in the world was that thing... looked like a foam brick...
      2004 Katana
      GO OWLS!!!

Comment

Yeah it was pretty bad......oh well...she's on the way to bein pretty
        Pray Ride Live Love

1994 GSX600F

Comment

I had that exact same tank pad. I cleaned the tank with alcohol and used a hairdryer when I put it on, it still peeled off after a week or so. I ended up throwing it away, probably user error
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Good Lord, what was that ugly thing???
            Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
            Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

It was ugly, but more comfortable than the new one on the highway..lol
              Pray Ride Live Love

1994 GSX600F

Comment

You needed to use Goo-Gone... alot easier and nicer to your paint.
                You can still use some on the Warning sticker residue I see, near the gas cap.
                2006 Black N Gold Katana 750.
                Hey Pittsburgh!!! (and Western PA), Join the
                "Sport Bike Alliance of Pittsburgh" : http://www.sportbikealliance.com And lets RIDE...
                Motorcycle Maintenance Scheduling and MPG tool: http://www.mileagetracker.org/index.php
                Veteran of the United States Air Force.
                "Land of the Free... BECAUSE... of the Brave".

Comment

Yeah need to get that warning goo off too. That and the dang orange "Suzuki" stickers on the sides of the tank.....
                  Pray Ride Live Love

1994 GSX600F

Comment

goo gone is the best stuff you can buy for that sort of thing i swear buy it

Comment

i got the same tank pad and i got the gas cap pad too.!!!! looks good. glad you got rid of the tank pillow.
                      Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
                      Current Bikes:
                      1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
                      2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

Working...
                      X