The definitive Katana EFI swap thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheSteve
    replied
    Nah the one I have is bare aluminum. Its most definitely not plastic. The overall structure of the throttle bodies is different as well, check out the pics on the first page or so. I think the 01-03 are all like mine, the 04s were different. I did doublecheck that hose though, its made out of the same stuff fuel hose is. Hasnt given me any problems yet.

Ive been posting from my phone so looking this stuff up is somewhat difficult, but are you SURE those are from an 03? unless the 600 and 1000 throttles look completely different I think you have an 04 or newer set. The 01-03 600s have aluminum fuel rails, complerely different throttle cable linkage, and a different overall shape from the pics you posted. They would work with the MS either way, but fitment will be different from mine (maybe better, maybe worse).
    Last edited by TheSteve; 11-29-2008, 01:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Leave a comment:

• Newbie2it
    replied
    Originally posted by TheSteve View Post
    Wow those look quite a bit different from the 600s throttles. Let us know if it fits. The plastic fuel rail is interesting, I didnt notice that before. Good luck!
    If memory serves me right, which I am almost 100% positive it does. Didn't you at one time mention you had to cut and grind down your fuel rail? Which I beleive you posted a picture of, Which is black just like the rest of them. I could be wrong, but I do remember you mentioning that the distance was very short that you bridged and weren't afraid of it bursting, till someone pointed out Ethanol eats rubber LOL Weren't those rails plastic?

Leave a comment:

• TheSteve
    replied
    The stva thing is the secondary butterflies controller, right? You dont need or want it for this. The MS cant control it so you have to yank it all out.

Leave a comment:

• Newbie2it
    replied
    Depending on the year they came from, it can be plastic. The one on my 04 750 are plastic. They look the same as the ones on mine just mine are smaller. BTW, dont impact the injectors, they are sensative little buggers and dont ever remove the STVA from the throttle bodies. Its the black thing on the left side of your first picture above. You can disassemble the TPS and the STP sensors however for cleaning. Just mark their positions prior to removal. Oh, one other thing, dont twist that tee in the center of the fuel rail, you'll damage the ends.

Leave a comment:

• TheSteve
    replied
    Wow those look quite a bit different from the 600s throttles. Let us know if it fits. The plastic fuel rail is interesting, I didnt notice that before. Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• ericej2344
    replied
    When you check the fitment on the bike let us know.

Leave a comment:

• 2005kat
    replied
    gsxr 1000 throttle bodies

i just pulled the throttle bodies out of the box that i got them in. The only thing that worries me is that fuel rail is plastic so i will have to make one. I priced the MS it's 139.99 unassembled and 240.00 already put together and I have to find a fuel pump that will fit down by the starter but i'm taking one step at a time.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• arsenic
    replied
    go back one page:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...3AIT&viewitem=
    two pages now

Leave a comment:

• Newbie2it
    replied
    Originally posted by arsenic View Post
    no one what's thoughs injectors I'll pull them off ebay and sell them to anyone here for $100 + shipping.
    Huh?

Leave a comment:

• arsenic
    replied
    no one what's thoughs injectors I'll pull them off ebay and sell them to anyone here for $100 + shipping.

Leave a comment:

• TheSteve
    replied
    I forget what the actual measurement was for the 1000, but I think it was within 3mm of the 600. Either should fit, but the 600s will fit with less shaving on the intake boots

Leave a comment:

• philwecksr
    replied
    If the 1000 bodies don't fit I'll trade you straight up for my 600's, assuming you have the injectors and rail as well. I don't think I'll need the larger bodies for the B12 that's in there now, but it wouldn't hurt...

Leave a comment:

• ericej2344
    replied
    Well go ahead and check the fitment of those 1000 throttle bodies. I'm curious to know myself.

Leave a comment:

• TheSteve
    replied
    Heres the latest tune, made Nov 20th. Its for a 600. To rescale it for a 750, 1127, or 1157 you need to adjust the REQFUEL value in the "engine constants" page.

Reqfuel values on GSXR 600 injectors:
    600cc = 5.0
    750cc = 6.25
    1127cc = 9.39
    1157cc = 9.64

These should get it running pretty well. You won't see max power out of the larger 3 engines without retuning the VE tables but these should be fine to start with. Keep in mind these are for the GSXR 600 throttles, and their fuel injectors. The GSXR 750 and 1000 injectors may be larger, and without knowing their flow I can't tell you what the required fueling numbers would be.

Edit: Forgot to mention, this is just the tune file here. Youll also need the config file (alphankat.zip) I posted awhile back. The config file does NOT change with each tune, you set it once based on what hardware you're running. My config file is for MS1 with MSnS-E firmware.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by TheSteve; 11-24-2008, 03:04 AM.

Leave a comment:

• TheSteve
    replied
    The 1000 throttles might fit, its worth trying at least even if you do upgrade later. Thisll also let everyone know for sure if they fit or not. I'll send you the tunes in a little bit, theyre on the other computer

Leave a comment:

Working...
X