X

95 750 exhaust question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 95 750 exhaust question

Do all pre katanas run a duel exhaust? 600 and 750? The reason i ask is because when i bought mine it has single yoshimura exhaust.... I asked the previous owner and he said he bought it as a whole set up like that and installed it..... I was just wondering if i might have 600 exhaust on my bike restricting flow....... I was gonna upgrade soon and if the headers could possibly be for the wrong bike i would rather spend a few extra bycks and get the wholw set up to make it right

Yes, even the 1100 run duals. That Yoshi set up is a rare find these days. I still run my Yoshi header...which is miles better than the OEM header.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

So what i have is a full yoshi exhaust? Is there anyway to tell if its the one specifically for a 750 or are they all the same the po has it completely exhaust wrapped i figured because it was probably rusted to hell and i havent really disassembled to examine good yet
      Last edited by Jessehendrixp1; 12-13-2016, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Measure the tubes..
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Lol yea i know kinda a dumb question when put like that...... Is there a schematics chart anywhere i guess would be a better one so i know the sizes.... Seems like i seen one somewhere on here recently but cant get it to pop up now........

Comment

The yosh tubes would be the same size for 600 or 750cc. The difference would be the length of the header. The 600 header would terminate just around the oil pan drain bolt. The 750 header would terminate about 6-8 inches further back.

Any aftermarket exhaust is going to flow significantly more than the OEM headers.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Ah ok great that ckears up alit so im in good shape to pretty much just get a better looking canister and maybe a new pipe

Comment

Working...
              X