X

PROJECT "KAN-O-SAKI" Ninja motor swap

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PROJECT "KAN-O-SAKI" Ninja motor swap

So after my Kat just sitting for a while my brother and i decided to see if this zx6r motor would fit in the Kat frame..with new mounts and modifying the lower frame support it does! The front forks fit in the neck too so next is the rear end! Heading into work at the tattoo shop so ill post a couple pics when i get a min

we hacked the rear frame portion off cuz our original plan was to make a quad (this is a second frame i have) but gladly shifted back to a bike project.
    Last edited by crazycraven420; 09-07-2015, 09:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

"KAN-O-SAKI", I love it!!!!

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Last edited by shpielers; 09-07-2015, 10:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
      1998 Katana 750
      1992 Katana 1100
      2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by ZukiFred View Post
          "KAN-O-SAKI", I love it!!!!
          yea i figured it was pretty suiting considering the kat claims somewhere around 70hp if i recall correctly and the zx6r is around 96-105hp from what i read plus the front suspension being an upgrade it should be one spicy kat .

Im thinking the biggest hurdle is gonna be the alignment of sprockets and the gas tank situation. I have a tank from both bikes so we'll see how it goes.

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
          While grabbing my extra swingarm, shock, tire etc for my brother to test fit today i found the box (unopened still lol) of the rear hugger you sent me like what..2-3 years ago : thats definitely getting used on this project!
          Last edited by crazycraven420; 09-07-2015, 10:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by crazycraven420 View Post
            While grabbing my extra swingarm, shock, tire etc for my brother to test fit today i found the box (unopened still lol) of the rear hugger you sent me like what..2-3 years ago : thats definitely getting used on this project!
            That hugger was a test of a mold so, it's thin. You can cut it into any shape that works for you. Then you can beef up the thickness with resin and cloth.
            "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
            spammer police
            USAF veteran

Comment

Sounds very interesting, excited to see what comes and best of luck

Comment

That hugger was a test of a mold so, it's thin. You can cut it into any shape that works for you. Then you can beef up the thickness with resin and cloth.
                Will do, thanks! :

Originally posted by Heeltoeclutch View Post
                Sounds very interesting, excited to see what comes and best of luck
                Me too! Thanks
                Last edited by crazycraven420; 09-08-2015, 08:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Got the tail section welded back on and a test fitment of the rear end. Its looking good! Everything seems to line up pretty well so next step is fitting the actual useable parts on it (good shock, tire, sprockets and chain. After that it'll be seat tank and test drive! haha Oh and i gotta order a new radiator cuz that way damaged on the zx6r previously.

Last edited by crazycraven420; 09-13-2015, 10:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Hurry up, will ya!!!!! I need a new project..
                    spammer police
                    USAF veteran

Comment

A real craigs list hacker .

Comment

Hurry up, will ya!!!!! I need a new project..
                        Believe me i wish i was done already! lol Ive been working like a dog all summer and its just now starting to slow down so as long as i can keep my funds up im hoping to make progress. I gotta bring the seats and rear plastic to my brothers so we can figure out the placement of the tank.

Id really love to find carb boots that have like a 20-40 degree pitch (stock is straight) to lay the carbs back more and fit under the tank better.

After the tank situation next will be the radiator mounts and under bracing (lower section of frame) has to be modified to fit around the kawi motor

Once thats done its on to mounting headlight bracket/windshield/gauges etc

Comment

Is this another project that fell onto the "too ambitious" back burner? Really wanted to see how this turned out.

Comment

If the bike lives up to the name then its gonna be pretty cool.

Comment

Probably just on hiatus, as most project do.
                              spammer police
                              USAF veteran

Comment

Working...
                              X