X

Anyone ever repack a can before?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever repack a can before?

I'm in the process of packing my Yoshimura exhaust on my 03 600 and im wondering if I should leave the stainless steel wool on the baffle or take it off.
    Also not sure if I should put the whole fiberglass pillow in there or if I should open it and pack it little by little by hand.

The instructions are VERY lax and this is the first can ive packed...

Thanks everyone

For anyone wondering...
    I left the stainless wool on and tried to pack with the fiberglass "pillow" and I didnt get ANYWHERE with it.

So I ripped open the pillow and stuffed and packed just the glass.

All went great after that until I went to rivet it back together. Apparently I need the rivet gun from Thor to get these in! Im taking the can to work tomorrow to see if a pneumatic gun can pop these stainless rivets.

I hope to god I dont have to do this ever again. This was the worst "easy" thing ever.

Comment

Yeah, stainless rivets are a bit@#! Good luck and KCCO
      THE DOC
      RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
      Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
      mistake when you make it again.
      sigpic

Comment

I kept calm and using the rivet gun at work I made short work of sealing the can again.
        Cant wait to hear it on the bike. I hope to god it quieted it down some. This thing sounded like it had straight pipes on it. 4k cruising was horribly loud.

Comment

For over 65 years, Hideo “Pops” Yoshimura and his namesake company have designed and produced the finest exhaust systems in the world.
          never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Working...
          X