X

carb rebuild kits

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carb rebuild kits

ok, was wondering where you guys are getting your rebuild kits for the 93 750 carbs from , and whats included in the kits ,should i just order the individual parts from like ron ayres or bike bandit ?

ebay. Different kits, different parts in the set. For example, they may/may not include the brass needle seat. It's up to you to decide what you want/need to replace.

Comment

Considering a 93 750 doesn't have brass needle seats, I'm gonna guess those are not included. The K&L carb kits are good. They can be found on eBay or Amazon.com. They do not include the rubber pilot jet plugs, so you will need to order those.
      The K&L carb kit for a 93 750 includes:
      Float needle
      Float bowl Gasket
      Both needle valve o-rings (smaller one and larger one)
      O-ring under the plastic slide guide
      O-ring on the A/F screw
      Sync port o-ring
      89-97 SUZUKI GSX750F KATANA CARB KITS
      This is my go to guy for K&L carb kits.
      Last edited by arsenic; 02-03-2014, 04:29 PM.

Comment

I stand corrected.

Comment

thanks arsenic for the link , are the ones that hold the floats in included ,also had another Q ,is it normal for the 2 center slides to come back down slower than the outer 2 ,thought it was because the vac ports were epoxied over, but even when i switched the tops around they still reacted slower than the outer ones

Comment

The o-rings that hold the float are called needle valve o-rings. There are two in each kit. A large one and a smaller one. Nope, that's not normal. Make sure the diaphragms are seated properly in the top circular groove and not causing a leak. As long as you can hear suction as you move them up by hand and they don't return real fast, they don't all have to be even.

Comment

ok thanks again on the o rings, the 2 center ones are slower than the outers but return about the same, outside fast, center slow ,checked the diaphragms they are good ,oh are the carb tops aluminum, i have someone who can make me some vac port nipples as p/o had snapped em off and epoxied over em ,

Comment

I have no idea what you just said

Comment

i was talking about the slides ,i think its the diaphragms,as i switched em tonite and where i switched em too was the slow to retract one and the vac ports on the carb tops the previous owner had broken the middle 2 off

Comment

I take no joy in being a grammar nazi, but dude.

Comment

sorry about that ,i tend to type how i used to talk back in the uk, a kind of slang
                      is it worth replacing the diaphragms if they are not torn ,thanks again you were a great help ,

Comment

Working...
                      X