Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rottenpixies
    replied
    Originally posted by Stumpy View Post
    Making your can louder will achive nothing to make idiot car drivers pay more attention to you. The soundproofing, stereo, cell phone, kids in the back, GPS - whatever it is, will always take more of their attention than you on your bike ever will.

Don't change your bike, change your riding. Keep your lights in their mirrors when you are behind them, stay well clear of their blind spots. Ride like every one of those bastages are out to kill you. Think ahead, always have an escape route, and remember speeding or excessive acceleration tickets can be paid or argued.

Funeral expenses are somewhat more final.

Keep safe!
    Not to disagree, but since I put my 2-bros exhaust on my bike this summer, I have not had people pulling out in front of me as much. If I am approaching someone wanting to take a turn out infront of me and I feel like they're not paying attention, I pull in the clutch and crack the throttle open. I agree with you that people that are distracted, are going to be distracted, but adding something to make you stand out to these distracted people, certaintly can't hurt. A friend of mine says she can here me coming like a mile away now, where before she wouldn't even know if I went past her house.

Just my .02 cents, but I was thinking the same way he was when I went to buy an after market exhaust, and overall I feel like people know I'm coming. Like I said, now I use my exhaust as a horn. I used to lay on the horn if someone was creeping out on an intersection as I'm coming by, now I just crack the 2-bros.

Leave a comment:

• crazycraven420
    replied
    I will only answer yes...that is all

Leave a comment:

• GSXFJim
    replied
    Originally posted by crazycraven420 View Post
    ...the sound of a choking goose
    Is this from experience?

Leave a comment:

• crazycraven420
    replied
    the thing I hated about my stock exhaust was it was so damn quiet until you were high in the rpms. I wanted it to sound better and a bit louder.

In my opinion a louder exhaust will make you more noticeable by a small percentage...but thats a small percentage more that you may stay upright an alive.

I havnt used my horn since I put my exhaust on...no need. Revving the engine is much louder than the sound of a choking goose

Leave a comment:

• cintidude04
    replied
    Inexpensive and new, go with delkevic, otherwise browse ebay CL and the classifieds.

Leave a comment:

• Fat Jack
    replied
    That looks CLEAN !!!

Leave a comment:

• MichaelVeringo
    replied
    Making your can louder will achive nothing to make idiot car drivers pay more attention to you. The soundproofing, stereo, cell phone, kids in the back, GPS - whatever it is, will always take more of their attention than you on your bike ever will.

Don't change your bike, change your riding. Keep your lights in their mirrors when you are behind them, stay well clear of their blind spots. Ride like every one of those bastages are out to kill you. Think ahead, always have an escape route, and remember speeding or excessive acceleration tickets can be paid or argued.

Keep safe!
    Yeah I try to do all that as much as possible. Time to go ride in the Fall Rally!

Leave a comment:

• Stumpy
    replied

Keep safe!

Leave a comment:

• MichaelVeringo
    replied
    I've heard you can punch straight through them with some sharpened rebar, but I've never tried. I actually like the sound of my stock can
    Yeah I like the sound of it. I like that it's relatively quiet so me and my lady can communicate while riding. But something louder would let divers know I exist. Apparently bright yellow paint isn't enough.

Leave a comment:

• Stumpy
    replied
    I've heard you can punch straight through them with some sharpened rebar, but I've never tried. I actually like the sound of my stock can

Leave a comment:

• MichaelVeringo
    replied
    It's everyone's own preference, but I couldn't ride with something like that.

Blatty, not nice, you'll stink yourself up with exhaust fumes, lose a bunch of low end and MPG, not to mention probably get shot by the neighbours lol

To each their own of course.
    Anyway to take the baffles out of the stock can? And yeah I used to have a Honda nighthawk 750 with the baffles out and that + my dad's Harley pissed off the neighbors.

Leave a comment:

• Stumpy
    replied
    It's everyone's own preference, but I couldn't ride with something like that.

Blatty, not nice, you'll stink yourself up with exhaust fumes, lose a bunch of low end and MPG, not to mention probably get shot by the neighbours lol

To each their own of course.

Leave a comment:

• drvk
    replied
    It was a Scorpion

Honestly though - why do you want a slip-on? They'll give you a different engine note, and look different, but they won't really give you much more power or anything.

Maybe best use those funds to get your bike running perfectly as it is, without adding more expensive variables.
    yeah, just the look n the sound. That's all.
    oh yeah, one more thing, your mpg will decrease

You might be interested in this exhaust
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoDOrulcDkw"]Katana short exhaust idle - YouTube[/ame]

but it cost like $60 on ebay + need to rejet your carbs, I believe.
    Or go buy exhaust tip got the same bent like that exhaust at Autozone and DIY baffle. That was what I'm about to to do before I got the exhaust from Stumpy.

Leave a comment:

• 91_gsx600F katana
    replied
    Well it was before I crashed it lol.

Leave a comment:

• MichaelVeringo
    replied
    Originally posted by 91_gsx600F katana View Post
    I have a Vince and Hines SS slip on for sale but it's only the midpipe and can. Your could fab something up to meet your stock header for it to work. PM me if ur interested.
    I'm not good at fab, but is that your Katana in your picture? If so it looks sick!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X