No announcement yet.
X

quickshifter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If we were on a BMW motorcycle forum, or even discussing that bike. That might be somewhat relevant.

Comment

Hahaha, I love this forum.

Comment

Man. Went from a curiosity about a possible quickshifter and got fast and the furious lol. I got something built for the strip that tuns low 10s all day and high 9s if I get ballsy

Comment

What they mean to say, is if you take to shifting your kat without the use of the clutch you should be prepared to rebuild/replace various parts of the transmission gears and shift forks as the motor isn't really designed to take those kinds of stresses.

On a race back, especially ones that have their motors rebuilt every season or more often, it's less of an issue.
          -Steve

sigpic
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Well I'm a bit of a mad scientist myself and found a 96 kat 600 engine/Franny for cheap and I have a gutted go Kart so 1+1=holy s**t. Figured I would ask about it. Sorry if my posts ramble I tend to get ADD occasionally (just ask my Google search history)

Comment

So why is it so bad to downshift without the clutch as opposed to upshifting, Seems to me as long as the rpm's were low enough it wouldnt be so bad. Say your clutch cable broke a few miles away from home, would it ruin your transmission to downshift without the clutch to get it back home.

Comment

Im not sure about motorcycle transmissions and such but I used to shift without a clutch all the time in my car

Comment

Shifting up isn't as bad as down. when u shift up the next gear is going a lil slower an at the right rpm its not so huge of a deal. Down on the other hand...well its just not so pretty lol. I did it on a quad before after hitting a table top (ramp, not dinner table) an it sounded like I threw nuts in a blender or something to that effect lol. If your clutch cable breaks, id say shift up (for less resistence), shut off the engine, stop an call a toe or a truck. Don't die over a broken cable lol.
                  94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

Working...
                  X