X

Slip-on Rear Seat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slip-on Rear Seat

So my buddy got annoyed of the Suzuki style rear seat on the pre's (they bolt into the body in like 6 places...)

He decided he had an extra seat cowl off his CBR and he wanted mine to just slip on. So he cut away the L shaped bracket on his and mounted it to my rear seat. Now it just slips over the metal bracket in the rear and then sits on top of the seat lock instead of under it and the front seat clips into it before the seat lock.

Note: Tested pulling on it, etc. Feels solid. Tried with my girl on the back and going over bumps and it never budged. Much more convenient than having to worry about taking the bike apart if I drop something inside the holes back there, and I can actually squeeze gloves to the very back of it.

Pictures show the additional gap (looks like less in person than in pic) I have a video of it but I can't get it to post
    Attached Files

97 Katana 600

So your buddy got annoyed with YOUR seat and you let him make it look bad?

I dont understand.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

No. He got annoyed with it and came up with the idea. I liked it so we worked on it and went with it. I personally prefer the rear seat to be more functional (actually being able to take the damn thing off if something falls back in there from the storage compartment) rather than having to carry a tool set and take it off if I need in there. The gap is easily fillable with a little padding when it's reupholstered to cover the previous bolt holes.
      Last edited by jraggett; 09-09-2012, 09:55 PM.

97 Katana 600

Comment

Working...
      X