X

Reverse Glow Gauges.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reverse Glow Gauges.

Anyone have any experience with the reverse glow gauges from streetracerparts.com? I thought there was a how to on this however I could not find it doing a search.

Is this something a non-mechanical minded person could tackle. I've never had the front fairing off.

I installed a competition works (or is it werkes) fender eliminator, windshield, etc. Nothing too technical.

Any tips on removing fairings? Which first, etc.

I love mine. tips.
    1. don't be in a rush.
    2. don't take the tape of the back of the gauges until you slip it over the needles.
    3. put all your parts together
    4. run you power wire to your third eye

there's 3 or 4 bolts on the back of the gauge that are tricky to get to, but other than that pretty easy. longest part is tearing down the plastics
    that's it. done
    rock
    always working on mods

Comment

Originally posted by rockadaous
      4. run you power wire to your third eye
      I don't think the cable will run to my forehead.
      Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

I want these so bad..im hoping santa hooks me up.!!

Rock, I might be giving u call christmas afternoon in case I need some more advice when installing these!!

Comment

A great mod. Worth every cent.
          Bike is sold

Comment

While your in there replace the bulbs with the new LED bulbs.

Instrument Cluster and Gauge Backlights
            Bike is sold

Comment

Yeah do like Spedee says and replace the bulbs with #74 type blue (or your choice of color) LEDs.

Comment

Originally posted by Spedee
                A great mod. Worth every cent.
                Ditto...makes the bike feel like a new one...and the LEDs really enhance the dash.
                Suzuki Katana: The best underated motersicle in da woild

Comment

Thanks, I just remembered I have a set that I bought in a group buy, like WAY back on KP!!!!!!!!
                  I moved and put them somewhere "safe"
                  Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Hey Speede, can you give us a list of exactly what bulbs you bought (Color and model number) for those of us that may attempt this mod?

Thanks!
                    Kan-O-Gixxer!
                    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                    -Ohlins Susupension
                    -Various Other Mods

Comment

You may note that some people have complained about not seeing the needles properly in the dark; solutions have included painting the stock needles with glow-in-the-dark orange paint from craft stores and substituting needles from other vehicles (didn't someone use one from a tractor with sucess?).

Cheers
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I like that LED idea myself...yeah, fill us in !!

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Speed750
                          Rock, I might be giving u call christmas afternoon in case I need some more advice when installing these!!
                          feel free hopefully I'll be outside installing my mods too
                          rock
                          always working on mods

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
                            Hey Spedee, can you give us a list of exactly what bulbs you bought (Color and model number) for those of us that may attempt this mod?

Thanks!
                            Well I'm not Spedee but I can tell you what bulbs to get.
                            The current bulbs in the dash are known as #74 automotive bulbs. So you need an LED that fits the #74 standard. On the page that the link Spedee put up go all the way to the bottom, they are the second ones up from the bottom. Now Super Bright LEDs sell 2 types of the #74 LED, with and without the base. YOU DO NOT NEED THE BASE! If you want to spend more money by all means buy the ones with the base. I bought the ones without the base and just replaced the bulb in my factory base with the LED. Bulb slides out, LED slides in.
                            As for quantity I think I bought 7 blue (6 for back lighting and 1 for the high beam light), 3 green (for the blinkers and neutral light), and 1 red for the oil light. Grand total was about $20.00 shipped, a little more I think.

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                              (didn't someone use one from a tractor with sucess?).

Cheers
                              =-= The CyberPoet
                              Mine
                              Bike is sold

Comment

Working...
                              X