X

Theme mods...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Theme mods...

So I got a bug up my arse today, and decided to do a few simple mods to add to the USMC theme of my bike. I purchased some military surplus stickers from ebay (warnings, radio set, Tel set, ammunition caliber etc.) as well as a PRC-77 (H-250 circa 1992) handset and short range antenna to add to the bike. Have an idea how I will mount the handset (the handset is functional, but will not be connected to a radio of course) if it will fit where I intend to put it.

If all goes well, it should end up looking pretty cool.

...I hope.
    ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
    チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
    Semper Fi

A military theme KAt would be kick-***... and hey, you already have a really nice base to start with considering the paint you got...

Pics of what exactly you are adding would be nice...
    "Life is what happens when you make plans..."

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=119546

Comment

Sorry. Here are links to the items...

ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
      チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
      Semper Fi

Comment

edit: aha, I see where you're going with it. Can't wait to see the finished product.
        Black & Blue - Kludge Fixed Katana - 1990 Katana GSX-600F [out of service - engine swap started 9/8/12; ETA 9/30/12]
        Beaten and bruised, clawing its way back from the dead for the 3rd time. 2-up tourer
        2001 Buell Blast 515cc, V&H Exh, Buell Pro-Series Intake, Stage IV Jetting, Raptor II Streetfighter Front Headlight/Fairing Assembly, Dual HIDs -- "The Misfit"

Comment

Here is an idea, holster the headset... then you can smack people on the road with it and pull it back with the cord...loll

I like it, I think it will be nice,...
          "Life is what happens when you make plans..."

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=119546

Comment

your going to need to wear your skid lid all the time with all the extra HP (smart *** font required)
            Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Going to look good! I am about to make a road case for my drums and hardware that resembles a heavy artillery case/grenade box or something close if I ever get time.
              "It's better to fail in originality than succeed in imitation."-Herman Melville
              Chris
              graphic designer | drummer
              2002 Katana 600
              Check out my band Decadence @ Reverb Nation: http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/decadenceband

Comment

I like where you might be heading with this.
                -Fire Is Good, It purifies the Soul.
                sigpic

Comment

The white arrow indicates where I want to mount the handset, yellow indicates where I want to fabricate a removable mounting point for the antenna.
                  ハイどーぞバカ外人!

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
                  チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
                  Semper Fi

Comment

Looks awesome

Comment

Hook the handset to a megaphone. Then the azzhats can hear you when you're yelling at them!
                      Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                      HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

I am in the process of putting together a theme bike out of 06 kat 600 im actually headed out the door now to go see if i can find some much needed parts

Comment

Originally posted by blaze View Post
                          I am in the process of putting together a theme bike out of 06 kat 600 im actually headed out the door now to go see if i can find some much needed parts
                          What kind of theme are you doing?
                          ハイどーぞバカ外人!

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
                          チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
                          Semper Fi

Comment

Working...
                          X