Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

yoshi fell off... I can ride home without it, right?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like late 80's vintage to me.

Google confirms...mid 80's to early 90's. I'll bet that's off a GSXR too of similar vintage.

Last edited by 05RedKat600; 04-05-2012, 10:50 AM.

Comment

yup u need a mufler strap in the rear bolt on to the bike , least u got something now
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 05RedKat600 View Post
        Looks like late 80's vintage to me.

Google confirms...mid 80's to early 90's. I'll bet that's off a GSXR too of similar vintage.

Aha, that looks like what I'm rockin. After reinstalling it, it runs way better too.
        Black & Blue - Kludge Fixed Katana - 1990 Katana GSX-600F [out of service - engine swap started 9/8/12; ETA 9/30/12]
        Beaten and bruised, clawing its way back from the dead for the 3rd time. 2-up tourer
        2001 Buell Blast 515cc, V&H Exh, Buell Pro-Series Intake, Stage IV Jetting, Raptor II Streetfighter Front Headlight/Fairing Assembly, Dual HIDs -- "The Misfit"

Comment

All pre and post katana frames have the locations to bolt on centerstands. They were optional items on the pre 600s, so most didn't come with them. They were standard on the pre 750s, so most do have them. The centerstands for the pres both cc models are the same, so will swap over.

Your picture here clearly shows the centerstand bolt holes are still open and able to be used if you wanted to put one one. They are directly under where the cushion for the linkage connects to the frame. Bottom right hand side of the pic. You can even clearly see the post sticking out the L bracket fits over.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

The centerstand was a dealer-installed option on the pre-600s and standard on the 750s. Same parts.
            Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
            HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

that much I'd gathered- what pieces would I need off a junkyard 750 to install the centerstand, and does it replace the regular kickstand (eg, do I remove it?)
              Black & Blue - Kludge Fixed Katana - 1990 Katana GSX-600F [out of service - engine swap started 9/8/12; ETA 9/30/12]
              Beaten and bruised, clawing its way back from the dead for the 3rd time. 2-up tourer
              2001 Buell Blast 515cc, V&H Exh, Buell Pro-Series Intake, Stage IV Jetting, Raptor II Streetfighter Front Headlight/Fairing Assembly, Dual HIDs -- "The Misfit"

Comment

You leave the sidestand on. You'll need the centerstand, pivot bolt, springs (2) and anything else that's not there on yours but I've forgotten. The stock muffler has a bracket with a rubber bumper for the centerstand to rest up against but that's not exactly a factor for you.
                Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Working...
                X