90's GSXR600 Carbs on a Teapot 600

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90's GSXR600 Carbs on a Teapot 600

hi my carbs are not workin on my bike so i am looking for some new ones

i have a teapot 600 and a guy is sellin simialr era gsrx carbs will these fit ok or be crap?

thanks

Nope. I really wanna ay the GSXR 600's had 36 MM carbs instead of 33's.

Comment

hmmm this sucks

i might jus get em anyway lol see if they fit he only wants £30 will keep posted

Comment

Originally posted by GTuff View Post
        hmmm this sucks

i might jus get em anyway lol see if they fit he only wants £30 will keep posted
        What part of "they won't work" did you miss? Especially for only 30 pounds, they are guaranteed to be junk and need a complete rebuild anyway. Your Katana is not a GSXR dood. The motors aren't the same either.

Comment

Not only that, but GSXR 600's are water cooled. GSX600F are oil cooled. The spacing is completely different. So, before you "see if they fit". THEY WON'T FIT, PERIOD.

Comment

Originally posted by 05RedKat600 View Post
            What part of "they won't work" did you miss? Especially for only 30 pounds, they are guaranteed to be junk and need a complete rebuild anyway. Your Katana is not a GSXR dood. The motors aren't the same either.
            ahh i reli have limited knowledge on bikes this is my first proper bike

Comment

Download this, read it, follow it.

Or if you don't want to deal with them, get a set from Arsenic.

Comment

yea i used that guide,

however when replacing the floats they wernt as secure as when i removed them from the bottom

also the carbs are in good condition however the butterfly valve on number1 is bend and does not make a good seal in the carb

and the choke piston is jammed any ideas?

Comment

Is it bent? Or does it need to be adjusted? Did you use all new o-rings or re-use the old ones?

Yeah, you need to take them apart and soak them in carb dip....and then maybe replace that choke piston. I suppose you could try spraying some carb cleaner in and around the plunger and see if it frees up, but if it does you'll still need to dip the body to be sure the passage is clean.
                  Last edited by 05RedKat600; 03-27-2012, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Is it bent? Or does it need to be adjusted? Did you use all new o-rings or re-use the old ones?

Yeah, you need to take them apart and soak them in carb dip....and then maybe replace that choke piston. I suppose you could try spraying some carb cleaner in and around the plunger and see if it frees up, but if it does you'll still need to dip the body to be sure the passage is clean.
                    looks like someone put a screwdriver to it and bent the valve slightly

for the vaccumm bit? i reused the old ones but the carbs arent finshed yet ill try soaking them

can you buy new valves on thier own?

thanks
                    Last edited by GTuff; 03-27-2012, 04:52 PM.

Comment

No no, for the floats. There are o-rings involved in that, and if the floats don't seat firmly I know you will have issues. Need to use new o-rings in carbs of that age IMO.

Follow carbs 101 to the letter, that includes disassembling and dipping. If you don't dip em, you aren't really cleaning them. Consider all new o-rings too, as it sounds like yours are worn out. The only deviation from Carbs 101 is the Air Fuel screw, that should be 2.5 turns out.

Comment

No no, for the floats. There are o-rings involved in that, and if the floats don't seat firmly I know you will have issues. Need to use new o-rings in carbs of that age IMO.

Follow carbs 101 to the letter, that includes disassembling and dipping. If you don't dip em, you aren't really cleaning them. Consider all new o-rings too, as it sounds like yours are worn out. The only deviation from Carbs 101 is the Air Fuel screw, that should be 2.5 turns out.
                        ah ok ill order some

yea i think im gonna get the cleaner etc

thanks

Comment

Working...
                        X