X

Factory Pro Shift Kit Discontinued?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Factory Pro Shift Kit Discontinued?

I had been waiting for the Factory Pro Shift Kit to ship from RonAyers. Just now, almost 2 weeks later, theyve told me its discontinued by the manufacturer. I made sure to order the one without the star (from katriders advice). The part number I had is "shft-suz-3".

Does anyone have any other ideas? I see it listed on the FP website, so I will still try that, just hoping someone else had bought it from a cheaper place.

Thanks!

go to the factory pro site directly? Email them?

sigpic

Comment

Only things I bother ordering from Ron Ayers are OEM parts that are cheaper than ones on Bikebandit.
      Just order it straight from FP.
      1992- project katfighter
      2005- GSXR750
      2001- TL1000R
      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
      www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
      KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
      KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Originally posted by cintidude04 View Post
        Only things I bother ordering from Ron Ayers are OEM parts that are cheaper than ones on Bikebandit.
        Just order it straight from FP.
        I used to do that. But I actually like getting my parts the same month I order them. Now it's all BikeBandit all the time.

Comment

I too would like to get one of these kits too, so i have emailed procycledepot.com and Zanotti Motor Co. Inc, and factorypro, i'll let ya know when i do
          '90 Katana 600

Comment

Originally posted by pisoncavalier View Post
            I too would like to get one of these kits too, so i have emailed procycledepot.com and Zanotti Motor Co. Inc, and factorypro, i'll let ya know when i do
            Why go through all the hoops of emailing a bunch of companies when you can get it direct from FP?

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
            I used to do that. But I actually like getting my parts the same month I order them. Now it's all BikeBandit all the time.
            Very true, honestly I haven't ordered anything from them since I needed a rotor for my pre rear wheel. Took almost 2 months... got to use it for 2 weeks before I acquired the post rims along with parts bike and winter set in.
            Last edited by cintidude04; 01-05-2012, 10:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
            1992- project katfighter
            2005- GSXR750
            2001- TL1000R
            http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
            www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
            KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
            KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

i got this from FactoryPro

"Hio!

The Pro kit is a lot better......... the old kit is quick, but not as slick."

so i guess they can still be ordered. the OP said the forum has suggested getting the "old kit" not the pro. Why is this? I think I'd prefer to save the $50 bucks

thanx
              '90 Katana 600

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                Have you given them a try in the last year or so? I've ordered OEM from them a couple times in the last couple years, and they have been much quicker that they used to be. Granted, I'm only one state away, but the last couple orders I've had the parts in just over a week. Ordering stuff other than OEM, I have had a few problems with. One chain I tried to order was "discontinued", but I will admit, I looked it up by distributor part number trying to get the absolute best price.
                Pics
                Pics
                No pics yet
                Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

No, I haven't ordered from them in a while.

Comment

My order from them took 2 and a half weeks. When I called to get an expected delivery I got snarky, albeit humorous attitude from the staff. The parts work and I paid a decent price, so I can't really complain.

pisoncavalier. while I was searching the forums, there were a few posts that said to get the regular kit because the "STAR" kits just have extra unnecessary parts. at least that was my understanding from the other posts. just do a search and let me know if you think differently.

Comment

Originally posted by latenight View Post
                      while I was searching the forums, there were a few posts that said to get the regular kit because the "STAR" kits just have extra unnecessary parts. at least that was my understanding from the other posts. just do a search and let me know if you think differently.
                      The star kits are not for the kat's. The difference between the "PRO" and non pro is that the pro comes with a ball bearing installed on a stock lever and a spring, gasket and the non pro version just comes with a spring and gasket. The pro versions are made in house and all they do is remove the stock pin in the lever and replace the solid roller with a ball bearing version. When I got my pro version they screwed up and did not peen the rivet holding the ball bearing very well and I had to send it back and then the one I got was very iffy on the peening. IMO stick with the spring and skip the ball bearing lever as it may prove to have issues down the road with reliability as the pin they use is not as good as the stock one.

I am sure you ran across my thread on the pro kit when searching here. If not here it is.

Tmod
                      Last edited by Tmod; 01-14-2012, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmod View Post
                        The star kits are not for the kat's. The difference between the "PRO" and non pro is that the pro comes with a ball bearing installed on a stock lever and a spring, gasket and the non pro version just comes with a spring and gasket. The pro versions are made in house and all they do is remove the stock pin in the lever and replace the solid roller with a ball bearing version. When I got my pro version they screwed up and did not peen the rivet holding the ball bearing very well and I had to send it back and then the one I got was very iffy on the peening. IMO stick with the spring and skip the ball bearing lever as it may prove to have issues down the road with reliability as the pin they use is not as good as the stock one.

I am sure you ran across my thread on the pro kit when searching here. If not here it is.

Tmod
                        I commented on that threaded with my latest try to do it myself. Im going to order the pro arm from factory pro here soon. I will be aware of the rivet tho.

Back to the thread. Call Factory Pro yourself. I ordered my Factory shift kit directly thur them. With no troubles. And I call them about the Pro Arm this past week. Becuz I alrdy have the spring. And did not want to buy another kit. They were super nice over the phone. And answered all my questions.
                        sigpic
                        Update Jul 11 2014
                        Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

Comment

Working...
                        X