Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Install and Review of T-Rex Racing 98+ frame sliders (PICS!)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On my accident, the slider frame got twisted. Not the bike frame.
    But it was not well made as this T-rex. So I`m affraid the t-rex get my frame twisted in case of an accident like 110km/h...
    Do you belive it is possible?

this is my accident photos:

Comment

110 km/h is like 68 mph. That's no where near "very slow". An accident at 68 mph no frame sliders in the world are gonna help you. Frame sliders protect your fairing if your bike tips over in the drive way. If you wreck at 68 mph, well, don't do that.
      Last edited by arsenic; 12-27-2011, 10:10 PM.

Comment

So mine did pretty well for that Speed?

But they are far way the quality of a t-rex one...

Comment

Well, they didn't bend your frame. Which is what a set of good frame sliders would have done. I'll put it as simple as I can. A crash at 68 mph, NOTHING IS GOING TO HELP, NOTHING. Actually, it's hard to say 100% that they would have bent your frame. But they would 100% break off. Providing 0 protection too your plastics.

Comment

don't ride sloppy and stupid is your best defense.
            sigpic

Comment

So if I were with this t-rex on my crash. My bike frame would be damage???

So why use a good quality slider??

Comment

Look dude, you wrecked at 110 km/h. You don't need to have sliders to wreck your bike at that speed. Do you have the slightest clue what sliders are for? They are to protect your fairing if your bike tips over at a stand still. Or going around a turn at like 5 mph. You want something that will survive a 68 mph wreck. Get a mid eighties Ford Crown Victoria.

Comment

I know.
                  I just don`t want to add someting on my bike that do more damage than if the bike were stock in case of an accident.

And I wish never have an accident again!

I`m not sure if my bike touch the road at 110km/h... I remember being that speed. But I break as much as I could.
                  The bike didn`t crash anything for lucky. Just slide until stops...

Nothing boken, just some sratchs as you saw on the pics...

I know that nothing will protect my bike on high speeds, in that case I just want to get alive. The bike we check later...

I was just wondering the damage that the sliders could cause on high speed crash, instead of protecting...

Best Regards

Comment

Chances are, at a high speed wreck like that, the frame slider will just break off at the bracket.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                      Chances are, at a high speed wreck like that, the frame slider will just break off at the bracket.
                      That would be much better than a frame twisted.

I have these sliders here, would you replace it for a T-Rex?

Because it gets only on the front of the frame and twist easy as the one of the crash...

Comment

can i get better pics of sliders please?
                        sigpic

Comment

Have you looked at the first post. Or post #33?
                          Last edited by arsenic; 12-30-2011, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                            Have you looked at the first post. Or post #33?
                            these last sliders i meant.

im thinking of making it my self, i have this idea of making just the same like them but with addon of these

so that way i will have 2 point of securing them and they will not bend when/if i fall like that guy...
                            he fell at 110km/h and they bent because not having second tightening point...
                            t rex sliders have 2 tightening points, these last photo dont, so when you mix these two=win combination + low cost fabrication
                            please dont get me wrong, but 145$ for sliders is way too much. ill make these for like 40$ tops...
                            Attached Files
                            sigpic

Comment

SLIDERS WILL NOT PROTECT YOUR FAIRINGS OVER 15MPH!!!

kthnxbai
                              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                              Originally posted by soulless kaos
                              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Leave it to the Germans to design a shock absorbing frame slider. It may not protect your fairings at speed, but may provide more protection during a drop. They apparently make a universal version that will fit on other frame slider mounts. I tried going to their website but my German is a little rusty. FJCharlie, you might want to consider these:

[ame]http://youtu.be/8wUotm5OhSo[/ame]
                                sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
                                1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
                                2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
                                First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
                                Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

Working...
                                X