X

mods

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mods

Hi I am new to katriders I just traded for a new katana I have been looking for parts to modify it but there does not seem to be many. I was looking for and extended swing arm seat cowl basically anything i can customize on the bike a long with any performance upgrades the bike is already jetted so thats done if you know of anything it would be helpful. I guess I should mention that it is a 2001 600

welcome to the site, have a look around, theres ton of info on mods here. Im not gonna even try an list them all here. very few bolt ons if thats what you mean
    1992- project katfighter
    2005- GSXR750
    2001- TL1000R
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
    www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Best upgrade is to trade it for a 750.

After that, an ignition advancer and freer flowing exhaust can give you a bit more grunt. Other than that, you're hitting up against the limits of easy, bolt-on enhancements. You can do quite a bit if you're interested in completely changing the nature of the engine, swapping out the engine for something bigger or just moving to a faster bike. The Kat 600 isn't a particularly fast bike compared to a modern super-sport so comparing it to one of those, it'll always come up short. Enjoy it for the comfortable, do-everything bike it is or sell it and move to something that was designed to be faster.
      Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
      HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
        Best upgrade is to trade it for a GSXR.

Fixed.
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Working...
        X