Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Full LED lighting conversion (aside from headlights)...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hopefully this helps.
    -Fire Is Good, It purifies the Soul.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by professa_riddler View Post
      hopefully this helps.
      Thanks for the pic. I'm guessing you posted it because of the so-called frustrations other KAT owners have had with the instrument cluster and getting it apart?
      2005 Suzuki Katana GSX 600
      - Aaron

Comment

The cluster was fairly easy to get off in my opinion but then again I had the fairings and everything off already.

I posted it so people can see the placement of the bulbs and sometimes an actually picture helps for visual learners like me.

What I assume people would do is read through the post and match it up to the cluster pic just to spark the light bulb if it's needed.
        sigpic

Comment

Has anyone tried to use a red LED in place of one of the blue LED's in the tachometer area?

I like the idea of having my whole tach blue, but an actual red line indication (similar to stock) would be a nice touch.

EDIT: Two blue wide (100 degree) angle LED's and one red narrow (15 degree) angle would likely work...

comments?
          2005 Suzuki Katana GSX 600
          - Aaron

Comment

Will those size led bulbs work on 92 gsx600f? I got some leds ordered #74 they didn't fit.. so I want to make sure I get the right size before I order again.

Comment

Almost got a little teary eyed seeing a JB post come up....
              1992- project katfighter
              2005- GSXR750
              2001- TL1000R
              http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
              www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
              KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
              KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Ditto!!!
                sigpic

Comment

I love the LED conversion idea. And what's said about polarity is very true. If your gonna work with electrical, its time to invest in a decent multi meter. I spent $50 on mine and found it extremely useful. One more tip about it. Get some extra wire, heat shrink, and connectors. Build yourself test lead adapters so your not breaking your current ones.

Sent from my phone

Comment

So did anybody find out what the gauge cluster bulbs are for pre kats? I've pulled mine out but they had no numbers an they were very tiny lol. I tried comparing to any in Autozone, advance auto etc and they don't carry anything that small and couldn't find a match. The only thing I thought of just now would be calling a dealer an asking bulb #? Closest thing I found was #74 but I believe the bulb area was much larger...
                    94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

I have converted all my lighting to LED but, the headlight. Now I'm going to try a LED headlight bulb and see what the quallity is like. Since I have dual lamps I can compare bulb output and beam side by side. I'll post up when they arrive.
                      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                      spammer police
                      USAF veteran
                      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Well would you mind getting a part number for me? I've been trying to find it but didn't wanna make a mystery buy

Comment

Here's the answer I gave you back in october....
                          For all those people who find it more convenient to bother you with their question rather than to Google it for themselves.

And the third result from that page
                          Looking for the best exhaust for your Kat or need help with the installation ?
                          From the Mesh Mod to the Fender Eliminator, installing new signals, Braada Cowls,
                          Frame sliders or Undertails; Show us all of your custom mods and share your tips here.
                          -Steve

sigpic
                          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

So will this style work? It appears to have the broadest light angle but I'm not sure if this will fit other than the plug style, as in a larger "bulb area". Would it fit inside?..
                            LED replacement bulbs can fit numerous vehicle applications such as vanity lights, dome lights, map lights, dashboard lights, instrument panel lights and gauge lights. This 74 bulb replaces a variety of traditional bulbs including 74, 103 and 118 bulbs. It has 3 LEDs (3528 SMD)—1 top-mounted and 2 front- and back-mounted that create a 360° viewing angle for better, allover light emission with reduced hot spots. Miniature wedge base for easy plug-and-play installation. Energy-efficient bulb operates with in a wide 10-16V DC range and is designed to last 30,000 hours on your car, truck, SUV, or van—25 times longer than incandescent bulbs. Available in cool and warm white, blue, green, amber and red.

Otherwise it's these which has less light angle plus it's only 1 led..
                            LED replacement bulbs can fit numerous vehicle applications such as vanity lights, map lights, dashboard lights, instrument panel lights, dome lights and gauge lights. This LED 74 bulb replaces a variety of traditional bulbs including 74, 103 and 118 bulbs. It has 1 LED (3528 SMD) that creates a 120° viewing angle. Miniature wedge base for easy plug-and-play installation. The energy-efficient bulb operates with in a wide 9-14.8V DC range and is designed to last 10,000 hours on your car, truck, SUV, or van—8 times longer than incandescent bulbs. Available in cool white, warm white, natural white, blue, green, amber and red.

I just want something blue that's bright enough to not take too much effort to see but also not blinding or distracting.

Comment

I would go with the second one for the Neutral/Oil Light/High beam, and in white.
                              -Steve

sigpic
                              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                              Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

But for the Speedo, tach, fuel use the first one so it will illuminate better correct?

Comment

Working...
                                X