Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Full LED lighting conversion (aside from headlights)...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full LED lighting conversion (aside from headlights)...

so I decided to do the full LED conversion aside from the headlights

I tried to take pics as well as possible, but apparently its difficult to get focused pics in the dark

theres another thread around for the cluster conversion using the blue #194 SMTD high power LEDs for the backlighting, a green for the Neutral indicator, blue for the highbeam, and red for oil.

the cluster pic

please note: LEDS REQUIRE PROPER POLARITY on install, and thats trial and error. connect cluster and insert each LED to make sure before reinstalling cluster fully!!!

I used a 37LED Tower type 360 degree LED 1157 brake light from pep boys :
    marker lit:

Brake lit:

6led white #194 for the plate light:

same 6LED #194 for the parking light

rear 15LED radial amber 1156 at flash:

same 15led radial amber 1156 in front "smoked clear" turns

all bulbs aside from the 1157 Tower bulb were purchased from Superbrightleds.com ... oddly, in the ONLY useful purchase from PEP BOYS.. the 1157 tower bulb was from there.

also, to make the LED turns blink correctly, an LED turn flasher was installed. I disconnected the integral flasher in the flasher diode unit using the flasher diagram in the servicemanual, and connected the new flasher to the leads... similar to this link

Last edited by steves; 04-23-2013, 04:02 PM.

See My Garage for mods...
    T-Rex Racing framesliders install and review thread
    Full Post 98 LED conversion how to thread

Looks good man.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I like it. Nice work man.

Comment

Thats alot of brightness...
        99 Ford F150 4x4
        04 Mustang GT
        2010 Camaro SS
        06 GSX600F
        sigpic

Comment

Looks good. I'm going to do my front signals, parking light and tail this winter, to finish off my conversion.
          2000 Katana 600
          2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

Holy giant pictures Batman.... Looks good bro

Comment

sorry about the pic size....resized....

Comment

Sweet, nice job
                2002 GSXF 750

Comment

Looking good and bright
                  Originally posted by chrisgreer23
                  Looks like Crash has lived up to his name.
                  2000 Kat 600 Totaled, Parting out WHAT DO YOU NEED
                  1983 Suzuki GR650- Sold
                  2006 Suzuki SV1000S- Gone but never forgotten
                  1967 Pontiac Firebird Convertible-The other project 350/4 spd and some stuff

Comment

where did you get the lights?

Comment

how come you got the tail light bulb from pep boys instead of superbrightleds.com? they have a few 30+ LED tower 1157 bulbs too

Comment

jamesm113 how come you got the tail light bulb from pep boys instead of superbrightleds.com? they have a few 30+ LED tower 1157 bulbs too
                        1157 came from pepboys cuz i got that with a gift certificate i had to use, so i took a chance that it wouldn't be crap

otherwise, it'd have been the 45led tower from superbrightleds.com.

DreKat where did you get the lights?
                        err... http://www.superbrightleds.com

Comment

Looks good!

mabey something to think about.....

on Ebay you can get an integrated Brake Light for the "stinger" style. it really cleans up the rear looks, and it all LEDS...like a HUGE board!

also on ebay i found a real nice shovel delete bracket for 18$ which angles is up and out slightly. i also used LED Bolts to light up the plate...it really cleaned up the look
                          03/03/2010 - got 99 Kat 750 ,881 miles,blue, STOCK.
                          04/03/2010 - 2069 miles. Burley frame sliders, mesh mod, carbs overhauled.
                          08/05/2010 - 8562 Miles, SS lines, shovel del., int. brake light
                          10/08/2010 - 9862 miles, GSXR cams, futomo Valve
                          05/22/2011- 11884 Miles, -GSXR cams -Futomo Valve +advancer

Comment

Originally posted by phil823 View Post
                            Looks good!

mabey something to think about.....

on Ebay you can get an integrated Brake Light for the "stinger" style. it really cleans up the rear looks, and it all LEDS...like a HUGE board!

also on ebay i found a real nice shovel delete bracket for 18$ which angles is up and out slightly. i also used LED Bolts to light up the plate...it really cleaned up the look

I'm WAY ahead of you here...

I already have a LED bulb, that was significantly cheaper than a whole new integrated light...reasoning for the bulb versus a whole new light.....

I didn't bother getting an integrated tail light, as in PA, where I live, integrated tail/turn-sig lights are not legal for motorcycles, technical specs are rear signals must be 9" from center of tail light.

So i'd spend significantly more for an integrated tail light, and still have to use the bolt on turn signals!

as per the plate, I already have a stainless steel Competition-Werkes fender eliminator kit installed, which angles the plate out and up, deletes the fender entirely, relocates the plate bulb into a protected internal spot and then used a LED bulb to illuminate it.
                            the fender eliminator also provides a place to put the factory turn signals.
                            so i dotn need the $18 bracket either

pics

Last edited by steves; 04-23-2013, 04:02 PM.

Comment

I look as the integrated tail light with the stalks as heightened awareness of my intentions where other riders and cagers are concerned
                              -Steve

sigpic
                              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                              Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Working...
                              X