Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Full LED lighting conversion (aside from headlights)...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1FSTKAT
    replied
    Looks good!

Leave a comment:

• steves
    replied
    I look as the integrated tail light with the stalks as heightened awareness of my intentions where other riders and cagers are concerned

Leave a comment:

• JayBell
    replied
    Originally posted by phil823 View Post
    Looks good!

mabey something to think about.....

on Ebay you can get an integrated Brake Light for the "stinger" style. it really cleans up the rear looks, and it all LEDS...like a HUGE board!

also on ebay i found a real nice shovel delete bracket for 18$ which angles is up and out slightly. i also used LED Bolts to light up the plate...it really cleaned up the look

I'm WAY ahead of you here...

I already have a LED bulb, that was significantly cheaper than a whole new integrated light...reasoning for the bulb versus a whole new light.....

I didn't bother getting an integrated tail light, as in PA, where I live, integrated tail/turn-sig lights are not legal for motorcycles, technical specs are rear signals must be 9" from center of tail light.

So i'd spend significantly more for an integrated tail light, and still have to use the bolt on turn signals!

as per the plate, I already have a stainless steel Competition-Werkes fender eliminator kit installed, which angles the plate out and up, deletes the fender entirely, relocates the plate bulb into a protected internal spot and then used a LED bulb to illuminate it.
    the fender eliminator also provides a place to put the factory turn signals.
    so i dotn need the $18 bracket either

pics

Last edited by steves; 04-23-2013, 04:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• phil823
    replied
    Looks good!

mabey something to think about.....

on Ebay you can get an integrated Brake Light for the "stinger" style. it really cleans up the rear looks, and it all LEDS...like a HUGE board!

also on ebay i found a real nice shovel delete bracket for 18$ which angles is up and out slightly. i also used LED Bolts to light up the plate...it really cleaned up the look

Leave a comment:

• JayBell
    replied
    jamesm113 how come you got the tail light bulb from pep boys instead of superbrightleds.com? they have a few 30+ LED tower 1157 bulbs too
    1157 came from pepboys cuz i got that with a gift certificate i had to use, so i took a chance that it wouldn't be crap

otherwise, it'd have been the 45led tower from superbrightleds.com.

DreKat where did you get the lights?
    err... http://www.superbrightleds.com

Leave a comment:

• jamesm113
    replied
    how come you got the tail light bulb from pep boys instead of superbrightleds.com? they have a few 30+ LED tower 1157 bulbs too

Leave a comment:

• DreKat
    replied
    where did you get the lights?

Leave a comment:

• Crash
    replied
    Looking good and bright

Leave a comment:

• yngveny
    replied
    Sweet, nice job

Leave a comment:

• JayBell
    replied
    sorry about the pic size....resized....

Leave a comment:

• chamrck09
    replied
    Holy giant pictures Batman.... Looks good bro

Leave a comment:

• Astro4x4
    replied
    Looks good. I'm going to do my front signals, parking light and tail this winter, to finish off my conversion.

Leave a comment:

• csjcsj
    replied
    Thats alot of brightness...

Leave a comment:

• jday240
    replied
    I like it. Nice work man.

Leave a comment:

• scottynoface
    replied
    Looks good man.