Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Full LED lighting conversion (aside from headlights)...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaron-71
    replied
    Originally posted by professa_riddler View Post
    hopefully this helps.
    Thanks for the pic. I'm guessing you posted it because of the so-called frustrations other KAT owners have had with the instrument cluster and getting it apart?

Leave a comment:

• professa_riddler
    replied
    hopefully this helps.

Leave a comment:

• professa_riddler
    replied
    instrument cluster front and back

[ATTACH]23299[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]23300[/ATTACH]

Leave a comment:

• Aaron-71
    replied
    I'm sold. Going to start thinking about ordering LED's for my 78 FORD as well now hahaha.

Leave a comment:

• JayBell
    replied
    Originally posted by Aaron-71 View Post
    So let me get this straight...

Order the LED bulbs, and it's all plug-and-play?

They all just fit directly into the stock bulb harness (my bike is full stock)?

yes, that was the entire point of this thread. no custom one off modifications needed

well, aside from swapping the polarity of the front turn sig wires, a Suzuki mistake, which doesn't matter if using incandescent bulbs.

Leave a comment:

• Aaron-71
    replied
    So let me get this straight...

Order the LED bulbs, and it's all plug-and-play?

They all just fit directly into the stock bulb harness (my bike is full stock)?

Leave a comment:

• JayBell
    replied
    Originally posted by 89gsx750 View Post
    Are all these bulbs the same in the pre kat? Seems like most of these mods are done on post bikes? I would like to do mine since i have all the gauges out at the time. but want to make sure of the part numbers and stuff before i start?

no idea, sorry, sure on the brake light and turn sig bulbs, but instrument cluster, you need to find out what # bulb they are and match em up.

do a search to find out what bulb they are

Leave a comment:

• black&blue
    replied
    FWIW I used #t10 wide-angle convex single LEDs in my cluster and they work fine with where i have them positioned and light the cluster evenly.

Leave a comment:

• 89gsx750
    replied
    Are all these bulbs the same in the pre kat? Seems like most of these mods are done on post bikes? I would like to do mine since i have all the gauges out at the time. but want to make sure of the part numbers and stuff before i start?

Leave a comment:

• 05RedKat600
    replied
    Archived thread from 2008 states:
    Taken from another source:

Bulbs required for 98+ Kat cluster:

What you need is 4 - #24 for the speedo, tach, clock and fuel gauge illumination. Use # 74 for all other indicator lights. The #74 will fit in the #24 sockets fine but are a bit loose.

Leave a comment:

• numus
    replied
    Originally posted by djdaredevil View Post
    Thanks for writing this up just finished the instrument cluster on my 01 750 and it looks sweet.
    Just one small correction in the light count
    1 red (oil)
    3 green(Neutral and turn indicators)
    *4* blue SMD for gauges(sorry, i forget exactly)
    1 blue STD power for high beam.
    Did you use the WLED-xHP5 with 360 degree spread?

Leave a comment:

• djdaredevil
    replied
    Thanks for writing this up just finished the instrument cluster on my 01 750 and it looks sweet.
    Just one small correction in the light count
    1 red (oil)
    3 green(Neutral and turn indicators)
    *4* blue SMD for gauges(sorry, i forget exactly)
    1 blue STD power for high beam.

Leave a comment:

• JayBell
    replied
    Originally posted by steves View Post
    Jay is using LEDs designed to replace the stock bulbs.

What Steve said.

As a note, let me add something here... the FRONT turn signal socket leads on the posts are REVERSED polarity, so you either need to cut the wires and splice in reverse, or carefully use a needle, and pop the leads out of the connector plugs, and reverse.

incandescent bulbs arent polarity sensitive, LED ones are.. so the fronts will not work until you splice or swap the leads in teh connectors.

Leave a comment:

• steves
    replied
    Jay is using LEDs designed to replace the stock bulbs.

Leave a comment:

• 05RedKat600
    replied
    Originally posted by Bigyellowkat View Post
    sorry to necor this thread but do these LED's just plug into the stock connectors? Im looking at changing the parking light this winter along with HID's so the colour matches a bit better
    Are you getting just the bulb, or ordering a whole new assembly like a turn signal? Just the bulbs, no wiring needed, plug and play. New turn signals and other assemblies will most likely need wiring done.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X