X

spool pictures? or designs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spool pictures? or designs?

im really looking to put a set of spools on my KAT, and am wondering if anyone here has done it and if so...can i get a pic!!

or mabey someone has some designs?

i know some welding is required...im just trying to get an idea.
    03/03/2010 - got 99 Kat 750 ,881 miles,blue, STOCK.
    04/03/2010 - 2069 miles. Burley frame sliders, mesh mod, carbs overhauled.
    08/05/2010 - 8562 Miles, SS lines, shovel del., int. brake light
    10/08/2010 - 9862 miles, GSXR cams, futomo Valve
    05/22/2011- 11884 Miles, -GSXR cams -Futomo Valve +advancer

Originally posted by phil823 View Post
    im really looking to put a set of spools on my KAT, and am wondering if anyone here has done it and if so...can i get a pic!!

or mabey someone has some designs?

i know some welding is required...im just trying to get an idea.

Pick the size bolts/centers for the spools you want to use. I think they avg range in 8mm sizes?

Acquire a tube stock of that size. Cut a length appropriate for the mounting of the spools. (generally, they come with bolts of a certain length included... you cut the length for that to bolt in tight, but not too short).

Weld the tube stock piece you cut, onto the bottom of the swingarm near the end. Paint/coat as you desire, then mount the spools on.

I know someone here posted a pic of some they had welded on. I've not done any as I've not had that request yet.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Not knowing anything about welding....would the process of welding on the end of the swingarm present any rick of damage/warping/weakening to the swingarm?

Comment

Shouldn't as long as the person welding has decent skill.

Comment

That is kind of what I was getting at I guess.

Comment

For the location and small amount of weld that would be applied... it would be very very hard to really mess it up.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

you are talking about welding the tube pointing downwards? and them have the spool at a right angle?

thus why im waiting for pic lol...im confused...

i want a pic so i can take it to a welding shop and tell them thats what iwant NOW DO IT!
              03/03/2010 - got 99 Kat 750 ,881 miles,blue, STOCK.
              04/03/2010 - 2069 miles. Burley frame sliders, mesh mod, carbs overhauled.
              08/05/2010 - 8562 Miles, SS lines, shovel del., int. brake light
              10/08/2010 - 9862 miles, GSXR cams, futomo Valve
              05/22/2011- 11884 Miles, -GSXR cams -Futomo Valve +advancer

Comment

Originally posted by phil823 View Post
                you are talking about welding the tube pointing downwards? and them have the spool at a right angle?

thus why im waiting for pic lol...im confused...

i want a pic so i can take it to a welding shop and tell them thats what iwant NOW DO IT!
                No... You just weld the side of the tube on the bottom edge of the swingarm for the bolt to go through....

hrm... gotta be someone with pics on this site...

here we go...

Can't get it to run right? Find a trick to add HP?
                From the first oil change to completely rebuilding the engine,
                this is the place to talk about the heart of the beast!

Krey
                93 750 Kat

Comment

Working...
                X