X

100 times

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100 times

i know this has been gone over a 100 times.im about to start on a high mount exhaust on my pre 98 and im lookin for some advice or pics or something.also lookin for someone that has a shortined can that they would like to get rid of also.any and all advice or help would be very thankful

If I were doing this I would start with something flexible that still holds shape (pipe snake, bunch of flexible exhaust pipes, etc and work out the shape. Take it to a muffler/sunoco and say "make me this".
    -2000 "750"

Comment

Originally posted by Cheriff View Post
      If I were doing this I would start with something flexible that still holds shape (pipe snake, bunch of flexible exhaust pipes, etc and work out the shape. Take it to a muffler/sunoco and say "make me this".
      I believe this is what nealy212 did.
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

This is place to post up your long term projects. Projects that took you a while to get done. Post them here. Examples like kwebbel's build up , B-12 engine swaps, swing arm swaps etc..would go here.

This is place to post up your long term projects. Projects that took you a while to get done. Post them here. Examples like kwebbel's build up , B-12 engine swaps, swing arm swaps etc..would go here.

Chrome Project Part 1
        http://www.freewebs.com/mreedohio/

Chrome Project Part 2

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Chrome Project Part 3
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192&page=30

Chrome Project Finished
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=107586

Comment

while were on the exhaust mod topic anyone ever fabed up an under tail exhause? id love to see it!

Comment

Originally posted by Mattsch18 View Post
            while were on the exhaust mod topic anyone ever fabed up an under tail exhause? id love to see it!
            If you wanted to do it right, your best option would be to swap the tail, subframe, and swingarm from a bike that came stock with an undertail and go from there. If you wanted to redneck it, run the pipes around the swinger and have everyone laugh at how stupid it looks

Search the world's information, including webpages, images, videos and more. Google has many special features to help you find exactly what you're looking for.
            Last edited by scottynoface; 02-04-2010, 01:20 PM.

I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

no im doing all the fab work.i guess im lookin for a visual of what im in for.it always easier if you have a pic of something to go off.im starting with cutting the rear peg mount off and makin a new mount so the pipe can go behind it and still be a useable peg

Comment

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?p=1392359 couple pics of undertail exhausts
                Chrome Project Part 1
                http://www.freewebs.com/mreedohio/

Chrome Project Part 2

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Chrome Project Part 3
                http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192&page=30

Chrome Project Finished
                http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=107586

Comment

dont forget still lookin for a cut down muffler

Comment

Originally posted by bbrown2133 View Post
                    dont forget still lookin for a cut down muffler
                    Why not just cut your own?

Comment

in case i totally trash it.i wont have one to fall back on.you always need a back

Comment

To make a true undertail exhaust I think it would be necessary to modify or get a new tail (as mentioned above) since I don't believe there would be enough clearance between the existing inner fender and tire to pass any pipes/mufflers through. The easier option be a "high-mount" exhaust (which is also shown above).... If it were me and I was going to fabricate a high-mount exhaust I would look for some small diameter cans and convert to a dual setup. Symmetry is beauty.
                        -2000 "750"

Comment

To make a true undertail exhaust I think it would be necessary to modify or get a new tail (as mentioned above) since I don't believe there would be enough clearance between the existing inner fender and tire to pass any pipes/mufflers through. The easier option be a "high-mount" exhaust (which is also shown above).... If it were me and I was going to fabricate a high-mount exhaust I would look for some small diameter cans and convert to a dual setup. Symmetry is beauty.
                          Some true words here. But I like my giant high mount rocket booster! I would cut it down if it weren't so beautiful and hard to find.

Comment

i had read a post on here that someone had gotten a bike and already had a cut down muffler on it.they didnt like it and changed it, so im hopin they read this and post on here.im lookin on sleezebay for something and prices are through the roof.also just for the TOPIC i dont wont to do an undertail exhaust.i doing a high mount

Comment

I was thinking of using oval shaped tubing where it had to go up and over the swing arm. Would provide the little bit extra clearance you need

Comment

Working...
                              X