X

led spinner brake light

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• led spinner brake light

i have a led spinner bulb in my brake light. its pretty cool the lights chase around in a circle as running light then all flash bright and steady when brakes applied.

only problem is since they are led they are only forward shining, so the light only fills the center of my giant pre 750 taillight. i see they are now making 1157 bulbs with led's on the sides also so they make better use of the reflectors being both forward and side shining.

reason for thread is i want one of the forward and side shining led's with the spinning function. anyone seen these?

vid of the spinner light in action
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QAMf6xM42g"]YouTube - tail light[/ame]

stile i'm looking for

Seen 'em, not overly impressed by them. There's mods posted around here where owners took their pre-kats and replaced the entire area under the lens with a flat board absolutely populated with LED's -- we're talking about lots of LED surface area generating a ton of light. Off-angle issues are handled by mixing and matching the focus angles of various LED's you solder on the board (use wider-angle ones towards the edges and in the very center).

Search and you will find.

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I just got a pair like you want for a guy that I work with for his P/U
      he said they are no brighter than the 1157 and didnt work in truck for tail and brake

BTW the spinner is cool but I would guess it would be a perfect reason for being pulled over
      Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

I put one of these on my bike, works pretty well http://www.brakeflasher.com/
        R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

I think that the spinner would draw the WRONG kind of attention around here. And on another note, things like that tend to become a point of focus when people are driving, they stare at that instead of paying attention. Target fixation can be bad......
          Always count on hitting pavement twice. First time from inexperience, the second from thinking you are experienced!

"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me! "

Comment

I had one in my tail light also and I got pulled over partly because of it. I had to change it and take the bike to the police station. So unless you know its legal in your state you will without a doubt bring unwanted attention to you and your bike. Other than that I thought it was kind of cool also.

Comment

looks like a whole lotta trouble to me!
              Joker
              The newest addition to the Family!
              sigpic
              stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

Originally posted by parkze View Post
                I had one in my tail light also and I got pulled over partly because of it. I had to change it and take the bike to the police station. So unless you know its legal in your state you will without a doubt bring unwanted attention to you and your bike. Other than that I thought it was kind of cool also.
                They did outlaw the sale of them in auto parts stores, vehicle specialty shops here in Florida recently (legislature decided it was easier to enforce it at the retail level than by going after each biker/car individually). All the auto parts shops suddenly withdrew a bunch of non-DOT-certified lighting inventory when that passed.

Cheers
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I noticed that at advanced actually. Didn't know why, but now I do.

Comment

it was in there when i got the bike, guess i should just throw in a standard bulb for now.

Comment

Working...
                    X