X

Pre 600 dual carbon pipes?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre 600 dual carbon pipes?

Has anyone put dual carbon pipes on a pre600? I was thinking of chopping off the stock ones and welding on some carbon pipes for a bit better sound. I was also thinking of using stock Busa or Monster pipes if I can get them cheaper.

Cheers,
    -Izzy

"If you're gonna be a turd, go lay on the lawn."
    -My wife

pipes

Originally posted by izzy View Post
    Has anyone put dual carbon pipes on a pre600? I was thinking of chopping off the stock ones and welding on some carbon pipes for a bit better sound. I was also thinking of using stock Busa or Monster pipes if I can get them cheaper.

Cheers,
    im running dual scorpions flame titaniums. it was not as simple ans cut and install. we had to make custom midpipes or the cans would be hitting the swingarm, and i have the ovals not round, needing less room than round. but the sound is awsome to say the least.

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather skid in sideways, beer in one hand, cigarette in the other, your body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WHO HOO what a ride"

Comment

Sweet. Can any type of oval fit on there or should I look for a particular model?

Cheers,
      -Izzy

"If you're gonna be a turd, go lay on the lawn."
      -My wife

Comment

Originally posted by izzy View Post
        Sweet. Can any type of oval fit on there or should I look for a particular model?

Cheers,
        like i said, the headers needed to be reworked to make anything other than stock fit on mine. i had to cut them back in, and make new midpipes which ment bending as well. i've heard of others having luck with some fitting but if you look the stock cans come out kinda on an angle, im not fond of that look at all. mine come out and run parallel to the bike .

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather skid in sideways, beer in one hand, cigarette in the other, your body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WHO HOO what a ride"

Comment

Working...
        X