X

Delkevic exhaust??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delkevic exhaust??

never hurd of them but they seem to be ok exhaust for there cost and from the sound clips on youtube seem to sound ok as well. just wondering if anyone has ever tried them before because they seem alittle to good to be true if you know what i mean

90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I was looking at these last might and they were real cheap almost to good to be true i agree .ill be watching this post to see if anyone has one chimes in

Comment

from what i am reading on the sv and kawi sites its kind of both ways (as with most exhaust i find) some people love them and some people hate them. unfortunately i have yet to find anyone with a kat that has rocked one of these exhausts and honestly that would be best for my opinion. i dont know how they would sound on a kat or how they would look. they are about 150 bucks cheaper then most slip ons im looking at which is nice and i like that you can get a "stubby" can. i really hate the look of the long factory and some after market cans. im so torn at this point i dont want to throw away 130 bucks yet at the same time it might be a diamond in the rough and save me alot of money. what do you guys think?

Comment

Try it out, worse case scenario... you have real world experience with it and if you dont like it, Pump it back off to someone else. Somone will be looking for the same value you were, Na'mean?
          SAV

Head up, eyes open... always!!!
          Be... and be not afraid.

Comment

ok well i just went and did it and bought a stubby delkevic from ebay. all together with shipping it came to 148 dollars. it should be here in a week and hopfully my plastics will be back from paint by then as well once its all on ill make sure to take lots of pics of it on the bike and mesurments and what not. ill even try to get a sound clip and of course my review on what i think of the exhaust. i guess ill be the test rabbit lol. ill keep you posted. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DELKE...Q5fAccessories

Comment

I've been lookin for new exhausts so im really interested in the sound mainly if it boosts performance then thats a plus

Comment

i was looking at delkelvic too... the seller told me that it was louder hen stock and not at loud as a base model Yoshi.. So i decided to pass on it and Get the Gutted OEM exhaust that was on ebay.
                30 bucks and it loud..

I will be geting a better exhustsystem but i want headers too.
                99 Katana GSX600F -03 Bandtana GSX1200F- 06 Charger Daytona R/T

The Tallest KAT Rider.. Out there! PERIOD.

Comment

exhaust was shipped today. ill make sure to keep everyone posted

Comment

Good deal, hope you like it. Yo, NBX... I see you in Fredrock, Whats poppin? I be out there. Get at me. We link or something one of these days.
                    SAV

Head up, eyes open... always!!!
                    Be... and be not afraid.

Comment

Delkevic exhausts are made by a company thats an ofshoot of D&K motorcycles here in the UK, ask around on uk sites about this company & consider very carefully wether you want to by from them

Nothing more to say on the subject
                      Renthals & twin spots do not make a streetfighter !

Comment

I was reading something about it being a smaller mom-n-pop type operation in the UK in the most recent issue of BIKE or TWO (Brit motorcycle magazines), and that their workmanship was good, but their engineering wasn't comparable to the big boys (i.e. where Akrapovic, Yoshi, etc. actually computer-engineer/exhaust-tune their exhausts for power/performance/etc, Delkevic just slap them together and sell 'em).

That would make them the UK equivalent of D&D, right?

Also note that their website does not list any fitments specific for GSX600F nor GSX750F bikes (i.e. - the Katana's)

Cheers
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

so it came in today. and i must say im impressed. the quality is really good. i looked over the entire thing closely and found nothing bad with it. the finish is really good all the welds and rivets are all clean. the fitment i was scared of when i looked at it, but once i got it on it actually fit perfect it looks good too. sound wise its LOUD. it has a removable baffle but i didnt even take it out. with the baffle in its really loud, i could only imagine how loud it is with the baffle out. i bought the "stubby" muffler and it is shorter but not really that much shorter then the stock muffler. it is alot lighter then the stock muffler though which was nice. the kit was complete and even came with an extra clamp. all and all im very happy for what i payed. 148 bucks and the exhaust is really nice. i was very worried there all the way up to when i put it on but now that its on im very very happy. i would definatly suggest getting this slip on if you are looking for a cheap exhaust.

and the pics:

kat in peaces after the accendent (its coming back together)

delkevic:

extension pipe:

next to stock pipe:

and on the bike:

Comment

Looks really nice...

Just remember to repack it every other year, and to wear earplugs (to protect your hearing across the long-term)!

Cheers
                            =-= The CyberPoet
                            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Did you rejet and if you did not is there alot of poping on decel

Comment

Working...
                              X