Exhaust questions....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust questions....

95 750 first of all....

OK, been looking around and seeing most modded exhausts go from dual to single full exhaust on one side. Im assume to cut down on buying two slip ons?

Can you go with a full single system for cheaper or the same cost as buying two cans?

Is there an advantage to single other than loosing some #'s?

Anything available that wont require rejetting?

Sorry for all the ??, been looking and searching but still cant figure this out. Sounds dumb I know but Ive never changed the stock Xhaust on any of my bikes. I just want something that sounds a little more nasty than the stock cans.
    '95 GSX750....bone stock, for now....

Cancel this...I kept searching and looking at prices. For the $$ I think I wanna got with a full V&H SS2 system. Why not drop the weight and get a great look! Plus the full system was less $$ than I thought.

Still unclear on the rejetting...I THINK I can get by without it and then let that be my next mod for max benefits...this correct?

Comment

Originally posted by Ridin Dirty View Post
      Cancel this...I kept searching and looking at prices. For the $$ I think I wanna got with a full V&H SS2 system. Why not drop the weight and get a great look! Plus the full system was less $$ than I thought.

Still unclear on the rejetting...I THINK I can get by without it and then let that be my next mod for max benefits...this correct?
      If you go full system (changing the header) and you purchase for the right size you will need to rejet as you will be running very lean (increase air flow). I would not wait for very long after swapping systems to jet it.

If you only swap the cans, you are not changing the air flow for the headers, so you would not need to jet.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Awesome, thanks....now to research jetting...Im lost there too.

Comment

Originally posted by Ridin Dirty View Post
          Awesome, thanks....now to research jetting...Im lost there too.
          FactoryPro stage 1 jetkit...

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

you da man krey. Thanks

Comment

Someone told me that only one of the exhausts work on a dual exhaust and the other is just for show? I might've made this up but I'm pretty sure I heard that as some point in my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Enjay386 View Post
                Someone told me that only one of the exhausts work on a dual exhaust and the other is just for show? I might've made this up but I'm pretty sure I heard that as some point in my life.

Not true.
                R.I.P. Marc- 09/20/09

Comment

They are both functional, but "plugging" one off at the end of the can will have little effect on the performance...

Krey
                  93 750 Kat

Comment

i think on cars and trucks that dont have true duals thats the case

Comment

Some of the Harley pipes are like this.
                      Damn you Nicole, We will not speak of the 2012 Rally

Comment

Working...
                      X