X

Look what I did all weekend!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look what I did all weekend!

FInally got my mesh mod done and clear turn signals done! sorry for the quality of come of the pics I couldn't find the camera so I had to use my cell phone.
    I also apologize for only using flickr I couldn't get them loaded on here and
    the links wouldn't work. you might also have to do the old school thing and copy and paste the link into the address bar. I'm sorry I'm inept at this site.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3943396...n/photostream/
    1999 Katana 750

Great looking bike.....thumbs up!!!

Comment

^^^ ditto
      sigpicLife is 5% what happens to you, and 95% how you react to it
      k9 GSX-R 600
      GO VOLS!

Comment

Looks good.
        sigpic
        1990 750 KAT, 2010 ZX-14

Comment

looks great, I love that blue.
          sigpic

Comment

Looks good what did you use to glue it to the fairing?
            My first bike: 2001 Suzuki GSX-F

Comment

I used a epoxy/ cold weild kinda stuff. 2 parts bonding agent you mix together, really messy goopy crap
              1999 Katana 750

Comment

looks nice
                Joker
                The newest addition to the Family!
                sigpic
                stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

Looks good. What is your access to the idle screw like now? Thats the only thing stopping me from doing it.
                  Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

^ +1

I did the mesh on the two large openings but kept the small one open to have access to the idle screw.

Bike looks real good
                    2002 GSXF 750

Comment

crap! ya know i didn't even think of the idle screw! I guess I'll just pop off the fairing enough to get to it. :S If it becomes a real problem i'll just take that panel of mesh off
                      1999 Katana 750

Comment

why not just cut a small hole to get a screwdriver in and thats it...???

Comment

okay so I went out and with a flashlight and a long screw driver i was able to get to the screw because the holes in the mesh are big enough to get the screwdriver through without bending anything. Phew crisis everted, i was worried i would have to take the fairing off each time to get at it.

here's the mesh i used
                          Small Diamond Grill Mesh made from expanded aluminum. This lightweight mesh is available in Silver or Black and in sizes from 6in x 36in to 24in x 48in.
                          1999 Katana 750

Comment

Lookin' good!!!
                            sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                            ------------------------------------------
                            89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                            96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Originally posted by Dfurgi View Post
                              okay so I went out and with a flashlight and a long screw driver i was able to get to the screw because the holes in the mesh are big enough to get the screwdriver through without bending anything. Phew crisis everted, i was worried i would have to take the fairing off each time to get at it.

here's the mesh i used
                              http://www.customcargrills.com/prodd...iamond%5FSmall

Thank for the update!
                              Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

Working...
                              X