X

exhaust help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exhaust help

hi i have a 4 into 1 vance and hines system. it was a bit corny sounding so i removed the insulation but left the tube with like a million holes in there. it sounds awesome now but im having a huge problem. it is getting super hot. the pipe is really hot and i can feel heat on the tank. i still have the insulation piece i removed. but is sounding really nice right now. i just wanna know am i hurting my engine by doind this or is this ok?

Removing the packing from the exhaust can shouldn't cause any issues for the engine...

Your neighbors on the other hand...

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

ok thanks, i have read other posting saying it wouldnt harm it but i just wanted to make sure because im feeling alot of heat. alot of heat. is that normal?

Comment

removing the insulation shouldn't affect your engine. it's getting hot because of the lack of insulation. imagine taking all the insulation out of your attick and walls in your house... ya - that's what it does.
        I am King Sam

--I have a wedgie!
        --It's a thong, just relax and accept the string.

Comment

Working...
        X