X

pre 98 stock exhaust mod

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pre 98 stock exhaust mod

I know this has been posted before but im a noob and there are literally 1000s of post on this site and it would take forever to find what im looking for and thats if i even could find it...lol and all i could find it for was 98+ anyways...But how would i go about modding/cutting out my factory duals to get a little better sound out of them..?

+ im going to buy an exhaust later on but that will be a little while and i dont really like the way my 600 sounds stock...reminds me of a 500 i just want a little deeper note

Thanks
    Speeding Wont Kill You,Whatever Stops You Will

My Build
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=114501

For all those people who find it more convenient to bother you with their question rather than to Google it for themselves.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

haha nice...lol...Im starting to like it here already...lmao...ok so heres what i was thinking...what if i just cut the inner smaller pipe out and the round peice its welded to completely out and opened it up to the size of the end of the factory exhaust and left the rest of it alone...would it be any louder and would it hurt the bike performance wise..?

My Build

Comment

It's not going to have much effect on the bike performance wise, it will just sound crappy and loud.

If you want louder (the racing sound) pick up an aftermarket pipe, such as....

Seen this for sale a couple of times now on the boards for under $100.

What you will find is, if your planning on riding the bike more than 30 mins at a time, to anywhere other than down to the local bike gather lot... you will not really enjoy the sound for very long.

Headaches, ringing ears, and the attention of the po po generally changes alot of peoples minds.

I wouldn't change the pipes unless you need to for jetting purposes.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
          It's not going to have much effect on the bike performance wise, it will just sound crappy and loud.

What you will find is, if your planning on riding the bike more than 30 mins at a time, to anywhere other than down to the local bike gather lot... you will not really enjoy the sound for very long.

Headaches, ringing ears, and the attention of the po po generally changes alot of peoples minds.

Krey
          Nice idea bud...never really thought about it like that...i didnt expect to get performance out of doing it i was just afraid of it hurting the performance...i think ill just leave them alone and maybe buy slip on later.

Another queston...i was thinking about buying the exhaust that you just sent me a link to before...it keeps popping up so im thinkin is the 1 4 me...lol...but if i install that...will i need 2 rejet..?
          Last edited by Kattie; 06-04-2009, 08:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Build

Comment

You shouldn't need to rejet for pipes unless you change the headers.
            -Steve

sigpic
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
            Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post

Krey
              SS2R slipon is nowhere near loud in comparison to many pipes.
              At around town and highway cruising speeds, its pretty tame actually.

I take several hour rides, and unless I'm up past 10K Rs, the bike doesn't really attract much attention.

Also, there is no headache, ringing, or other loudness probs.. not to me, maybe you are just really sensitive... it sounds pretty good.

See My Garage for mods...
              T-Rex Racing framesliders install and review thread
              Full Post 98 LED conversion how to thread

Comment

The last few pipes ive had on my bikes have been V&H. But I Deff think the SS2R Is my Fav.
                Joker
                The newest addition to the Family!
                sigpic
                stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

Working...
                X