X

Scratches on my exhaust

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scratches on my exhaust

I got some scratches on my exhaust that I would love to sand off but just wondering has anyone done this, if so what grit sandpaper did you use.I think it is stainless steal but may be Aluminum.
    2k6 Kat factory blue and white, lowered, mesh mod, shovel chopped, polished clutch and brake levers,V&H ss2r slip on, home made intagrated tail light, polished lips, 8k hid's and Joe's 40 led kit. All done by me learned from Katriders thanks.

Curious myself. I had a lot of corrosion/loose bracket marks on mine, I used 220 grit, then wetsanded, then 400, then wetsanded. Looks better, but now I have a band of sanded metal
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

If your talking light suface scratches...

200-400-800-1200-2000 grits. At the 2k grits, depending upon the finish you want....

Brushed use a 3m fine pad.
      Polished use polishing wheel and appropriate polishing compound.

Harbor freight has a full polishing kit for around $20 ussually that can be used with air tools or a drill (will be slower). Or get a grinder polishing wheel.

Deep scratches... well... you may not have enough material to get rid of them all depending upon how deep they are.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

well guys I got it pretty cleaned up. started with 320 400 600 800 1000 then 2000. then after that used a mothers polishing ball on a drill with metal polish. the scratches were deep enough that you could feel them.
        2k6 Kat factory blue and white, lowered, mesh mod, shovel chopped, polished clutch and brake levers,V&H ss2r slip on, home made intagrated tail light, polished lips, 8k hid's and Joe's 40 led kit. All done by me learned from Katriders thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X