No announcement yet.
X

modifying my bike

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree,I run a metz roadtec 190 and I see no loss over the 150-160-170 as I ran them all.The stretch affects it and the fact that it sits so low other than that seems like it'll lay in just as easy except when I forget to check the air in the front tire but i also wouldn't say that there's any advantage but mine see's the strip from time to time,a stock kat wouldn't benefit other than looks and having an expensive tire over a 150-160 IMO.
    It's not an R bike,it's made for sport touring. Compare it to what it IS!

Comment

Just curious.

If it isn't broke dont fix it.

I just feel if the stock configuration isn't limiting the bike performance why try to modify it to make it better. If its for looks, more power. I just wanted to point out the concern for turn it, which would be changed. Even going from a flat spotted used tire to a new tire makes a dramatic change in turn-in. Even tire designs do the same. A 190 CorsaIII is skinnier but more dramatic then a mich or BT.

Whether track or street my preference is to not sacrifice the potential of the bike. Going from a 160 to a 180/190 your contact patch isn't going to change too dramatically; nor is traction going to be a deciding factor if the track is so long and the powerband is light. A stickier tire will compensate.

My bike was dynoed on a non-brake dyno yesterday for fun at a TejasNight and pulled 67hp. A heavier, wider tire is taking away from acceleration, cornering and speed due to rolling resistance and weight. A 20 lb driveshaft can weight up to 200lbs when spun due to rolling mass. Just something to consider.

Good luck w your mod.

Comment

Working...
      X