• Show
Clear All

• jfwilliams23
    replied
    Hair dryers are the bomb..........

Leave a comment:

• Kreylyn
    replied
    Hairdryer to heat the corner, fingernail or knife to get the corner to start enough that you can grab and pull... keep moving the hairdryer along as your pulling.

If you do it right, you get vinyl and glue all off. If you don't have it hot enough, the glue stays but the vinyl comes off. If pull too quick, the vinyl breaks and you have to find a "corner" again to start over.

Krey

Leave a comment:

• Kattie
    replied
    Originally posted by jfwilliams23 View Post
    I hear 3-M adhesive remover works good, haven't tried it yet. I'm planning on going to advance auto this evening and getting some. At the top of the page was a post that said to search (sticker residue)
    Please let me know if that works for you but im not only talking about about the sticker residue i mean how can i get the stickers off without setting there all day picking at it...lol...and ive found if u have only light sticker residue you can take a lint free microfiber cloth and rub on it and it will basically roll off...worked for me

Leave a comment:

• jfwilliams23
    replied
    I hear 3-M adhesive remover works good, haven't tried it yet. I'm planning on going to advance auto this evening and getting some. At the top of the page was a post that said to search (sticker residue)

Leave a comment:

• Kattie
    replied
    If you haven't figured out by now, the sarcasm can run deep here. You left the door open and I just couldn't resist. Welcome. Oh, and loose the decals. Plain black would look much better, I don't know why they had to neon everything in the early 90's. Good Luck
    lol...well sarcasms kinda my thing so ill see if i can give a lil back...lol...and i plan on takin the decals off but i dont know how to go about it...Any ideas on how to get them off easily..? and after i take them off will i have to buff the bike to make it blend or what..?

Leave a comment:

• jfwilliams23
    replied
    If you haven't figured out by now, the sarcasm can run deep here. You left the door open and I just couldn't resist. Welcome. Oh, and loose the decals. Plain black would look much better, I don't know why they had to neon everything in the early 90's. Good Luck

Leave a comment:

• GytRDunKat
    replied
    Search for Sticker Residue, you'll find ways to get the stickers off. It's a real pita. I replaced the fake frame/ladder looking heal plates with plastic painted black on the back side. There's tons of things you can do.

Leave a comment:

• Kreylyn
    replied
    Originally posted by paul.miner View Post
    When I bought my Kat, it came with a bag of odd and ends, including those two bars with pairs of hooks on them (for luggage I assume). I never knew what they were for or where they mounted until I saw this picture.
    That is one of the reasons I like to use take and post pictures so much... you learn so much more than just words alone...

Krey

Leave a comment:

• paul.miner
    replied
    Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
    When I bought my Kat, it came with a bag of odd and ends, including those two bars with pairs of hooks on them (for luggage I assume). I never knew what they were for or where they mounted until I saw this picture.

Leave a comment:

• Kattie
    replied
    The previous owner took off one of the stickers on my bike and I am working on the rest(tried goo gone and had no success, going to aouto parts store tuesday), will let you know how it goes. As far as something to make your bike look better, get on it and ride. There's nothing hotter than a girl on a bike.

Not a girl bud but i do make my bike look awful sexy...lmao
    Last edited by Kattie; 05-26-2009, 03:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Kattie
    replied
    Yea i plan on painting the grab bar back black...it was already yellow when i bought it...and ive got a few plans of my own...but thanks for your input...i appreciate it...so keep em comin...lol

Leave a comment:

• j_wal
    replied
    I would paint that grab bar a different color (black). it looks out of place being yellow.

Leave a comment:

• jfwilliams23
    replied
    The previous owner took off one of the stickers on my bike and I am working on the rest(tried goo gone and had no success, going to aouto parts store tuesday), will let you know how it goes. As far as something to make your bike look better, get on it and ride. There's nothing hotter than a girl on a bike.

Leave a comment:

• Kreylyn
    replied
    Painting the top of the tail light to match the plastics, along with the rear fender mod helps to tie things in nicely I think.

An example...

I picked up a piece of flat sheet metal (stainless or aluminum will work great) from lowes for around $6 and then just used tin snips and a hammer to cut out and bend a real simple tag mounting and shortie turn signals on either side of the plate. I also picked up some clear lexan from lowes, and will be cutting out and inserting a piece into the bottom of the tail light to make it the tag light as well. The tag light I have now is a temp mounting (on a piece of abs I cut out real quick) so it would pass inspection. Looks like this...

I wanted a more agressive looking front fender, so I cut it as well. Looks like this now...

Never did like the silver kick plate/fake frame looking pieces on the side of the bikes, so I cut mine off a long time ago.

You could polish the lips on your wheels as well. I'd suggest for easy maintenance to clear over the top once your done, but if you don't mind doing a little polishing about every 2-3 weeks, then your fine.

Krey

Leave a comment:

• mreedohio
    replied
    go to www.freewebs.com/mreedohio i did just about every bolt on mod on for the pre 600 the first time i built it. if your looking to go extreme check the thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.p...oject+revisted and check my garage for current mod list
    Last edited by mreedohio; 05-25-2009, 06:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X