X

yosh rs-3

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yosh rs-3

its not actually on my katana... but i just bought a 2000 r6 with this exhaust and it sounds like an old rusted out honda civic.... its scratched up because it got knocked over... could it have messed something up when it fell? or are yosh rs-3s just really freakin obnoxious? (i would go to an r6 forum... but i guess theres no reason to be on another forum and never post anything.......)

The Yoshi is a raspy exhaust. If it sounds like a fart can then someone's ripped out the internals. Basically spent all that money on an exhaust and ripped out all the stuff that makes it so expensive.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

he said its "jetted for exhaust" would there be any problems if i put a stock exhaust on?

Comment

Maybe a tiny bit of tinkering to keep it at 100%, but no, no problems.

I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

it sounds like that cause its a Yamaha....
          sigpicLife is 5% what happens to you, and 95% how you react to it
          k9 GSX-R 600
          GO VOLS!

Comment

It being "Katriders" and all- the RS-3 I have on my Katana sounds just frigg'in great.

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
            -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

Originally posted by gobigorange189 View Post
              hahaha problem solved

Comment

The replaceable internals of the RS-3 are super simple, steel mesh and fiberglass packing.

Here's my pictorial when I repacked my Yoshi.

Looking for the best exhaust for your Kat or need help with the installation ?
                From the Mesh Mod to the Fender Eliminator, installing new signals, Braada Cowls,
                Frame sliders or Undertails; Show us all of your custom mods and share your tips here.
                How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
                How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
                How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
                How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Originally posted by gobigorange189 View Post
                  This is true. Valentino Rossi could partner with god and handmake an exhaust, put it on an R6, and it would still sound terrible

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                    This is true. Valentino Rossi could partner with god and handmake an exhaust, put it on an R6, and it would still sound terrible
                    02 Katana 600 (weekend toy) 11.892 @ 111.92 MPH
                    90 GSXR 750/1216
                    96 Chevy S-10 (work truck)
                    87 Rear Engine Dragster 8.46 @ 157MPH
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X