X

yoshi exhaust

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yoshi exhaust

hey there. i have a full yoshi system on my bike and i was wondering if a d&d slip on with mid pipe would fit my header. Any help would be great. thanks
    Life is what happens when your making plans :mrgreen:

92 katana 600
    98 katana 600

Stay with the yoshi full exhaust. Looks better and sounds better. If you chose to mod to a mid pipe remember you need to rejet the carbs again, also the sound is going to be loud and you would get pull over by the Police.

Comment

hey thanks. i didnt know i would have to mod it.
      Life is what happens when your making plans :mrgreen:

92 katana 600
      98 katana 600

Comment

you shouldnt really have to worry about sound being to loud with the police. most states have no restricition on motorcycles, just cars and trucks.

Comment

Originally posted by poolplayer22 View Post
          you shouldnt really have to worry about sound being to loud with the police. most states have no restricition on motorcycles, just cars and trucks.
          2008 Florida Motor Vehicle Statutes. Scroll down.

Wheter or not the LEOs will enforce them is something else.
          How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
          How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
          How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
          How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Almost all states have restrictions on motorcycles, it's just a gentlemen's agreement to not run open headers on the street and in turn the police dont bother riders with Akrapovics and Moriwakis. 98dB sounds about right for the limit.
            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
            Originally posted by soulless kaos
            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Never experienced it (at least not on a bike) but I see where DevilKatana's coming from. Here in Cali they will mess with you.
              http://www.rollinhardriderz.com
              http://www.myspace.com/hostyle742

sigpic

Comment

depends on the cop

not really true haha it depends on the individual cop me and a buddy got pulled over in Arkansas for his exhaust

Comment

Originally posted by DevilsKatana View Post
                  S\If you chose to mod to a mid pipe remember you need to rejet the carbs again...
                  no... you have to re-jet when you change the headers, not the midpipe or can... unless the can is super restricted like... a dime sized hole.

Comment

Originally posted by Edbean View Post
                    no... you have to re-jet when you change the headers, not the midpipe or can... unless the can is super restricted like... a dime sized hole.

Comment

is it safe to run a 97 mid pipe and canister. on a 96 600f. and what if anything would i need to adjust.

Comment

Working...
                      X