X

99 GSXR 750 exhaust on 89 Kat 600

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 99 GSXR 750 exhaust on 89 Kat 600

Just need to know if it will work or how hard to make it fit. I found a Yoshimura RS-3 out of a 99 GSXR 750 for dirt cheap and was hoping that i could make it work on my 89 kat 600.
    91 Toyota MR2 (weekend toy/race car)
    92 Toyota Paseo(daily driver 38+MPG)
    89 Suzuki Katana 600 with a 93 engine (new daily driver/weekend toy)
    89 600 clutch and springs for sale, brand new.

Do a search and you'll find this question has been answered several times.
    In short the answer is NO.
    Exhaust is more than just what "fits". People have made Chevy V8 engines "fit" motorcycle frames, It doesn't mean it will WORK.

Comment

If it's a can and a midpipe, you can cut the midpipe off and get an exhaust shop to make you a custom one for like $30.
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Yeah i was just thinking of using the exhaust and mid pipe. He has the headers for sale too, but i figured those wouldn't fit.

Comment

i'm in the market for exhaust 750..if you wanna sale it then get back wit me

Comment

Ok little update. I decided not to use the gsxr exhaust.
            I want to know if i can use the headers and exhaust from a 89 750 on my 89 600 with out any modifications to the oil pan. I have friend of mine that has his old headers and yoshi exhaust from his old Kat and wants to sell it to me for almost free.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuno View Post
              Ok little update. I decided not to use the gsxr exhaust.
              I want to know if i can use the headers and exhaust from a 89 750 on my 89 600 with out any modifications to the oil pan. I have friend of mine that has his old headers and yoshi exhaust from his old Kat and wants to sell it to me for almost free.
              You will probably need to instal a jet kit if you don't have one for it to not run lean....

They will bolt right up and on though.

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Ok kool. I don't mind installing a jet kit. I just wanted to know if they would bolt right up.

Comment

Working...
                X