X

question about timing advance

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about timing advance

I know what the timing advance does, but how much differance does it make say with a five degree advance.
    2k6 Kat factory blue and white, lowered, mesh mod, shovel chopped, polished clutch and brake levers,V&H ss2r slip on, home made intagrated tail light, polished lips, 8k hid's and Joe's 40 led kit. All done by me learned from Katriders thanks.

It is supposed to give you a "sharper" throttle response. However, since many motorcycle engines are already running at the edge of efficiency at high rpm's, you will probably be over advanced and actually lose top end power. The Kat's run happily on regular grade gas so you could get some power back by running premium fuel but since it burns slower you also lose some of the responsive feel you gained (not to mention lightening your wallet).

Comment

Originally posted by Truck Tech View Post
      I know what the timing advance does, but how much differance does it make say with a five degree advance.
      You will notice quicker throttle response, faster warmups and better mid-range pull. Top end I don't think you will notice anything one way or the other.

Tmod

Comment

thanks guys
        2k6 Kat factory blue and white, lowered, mesh mod, shovel chopped, polished clutch and brake levers,V&H ss2r slip on, home made intagrated tail light, polished lips, 8k hid's and Joe's 40 led kit. All done by me learned from Katriders thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmod View Post
          You will notice quicker throttle response, faster warmups and better mid-range pull. Top end I don't think you will notice anything one way or the other.

Tmod
          i agree with everything except the quicker warmup, i think it made mine worse untill i jetted it out. Huge diff in the midrange and slight increase on top end on the 1100.but i also only run 93 octane fuel.but i ran 89 once with no pre-ignition.
          WOW! your bikes really fast! you were flying when i passed you!

xbox live= katana11
          We Will Always remember!
          sigpic

Comment

would you guys recommend this for a good mod.

Comment

Personal opinion, NO. Big waste of money for very little gain in reality. Put your money into a Factory Pro jet kit instead, along with a slip on if possible and grind the header welds.
              You could also do the budget advance mod, do a search, and get the benefits without money outlay.

Comment

Working...
              X