Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Wicked bright, 5$ LED tail light on my Pre.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wicked bright, 5$ LED tail light on my Pre.

Check out some pics of my latest mod. I purchased an led board from an 02 R1 off ebay for $5! I didnt know how it would work but for $5 I couldnt not try. The funny this is the board is the perfect size to fit into the tail light housing on a Pre 600.

The only thing I really had to do was make the holes on the LED board logated to match the mounting holes in the tail light lens. I cut about 1/8" off the plastic screw mounts on nthe houseing to make up for the added thickness of the LED strip. Other than that I didnt have to do much at all. The wiring was three wires and all I did was cut off the old and add the new, this whole mod only took me about 15 minutes.

The pictures really dont due this justice on the bike. The brake like is so wickedly bright its rediculous. Can a brake like be too bright?

...And I added some cool reflective orange wheel tape, lemme know what you think.....
    Attached Files
    Originally posted by arsenic
    93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Nice MOD!

See My Garage for mods...
    T-Rex Racing framesliders install and review thread
    Full Post 98 LED conversion how to thread

Comment

nice! the tail lights are the only light (except headlight) that isn't a led on my bike. Just was curious as far as brightness without spending $20-$40 a bulb.

What does it look like mid day in the sun at like 25 feet?

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

kewl mod. I got the same pipe and tires on mine nice choice!
        Joker
        The newest addition to the Family!
        sigpic
        stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

You're not too far away . I'd like to see that in person sometime ....
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Sweet. Cant beat that for 5 bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by HemiKat View Post
              The pictures really dont due this justice on the bike. The brake like is so wickedly bright its rediculous. Can a brake like be too bright?
              On a bike, there is no such thing as being too bright....anything to help the cagers see ya is in my book.

Comment

kewl mod! how long is the board? id like to try that on the 11!!
                WOW! your bikes really fast! you were flying when i passed you!

xbox live= katana11
                We Will Always remember!
                sigpic

Comment

Im so bummed! Half of my LED's wont come on.... worked for the first two days and now all of a sudden only half of the lights come on.... I guess thats what I get for $5.... Now I gotta figure out if I look for the same kind of LED board or try something different.

Comment

just replace them if you can, simple solder job

Comment

Its weird, all the LEDs olm okay, and so do the resistors. There are two small conductors and one large one on the panel. I think the large conductor took a crap.

Comment

i hope you get it fixed. that looks awesome!
                        R.I.P. Marc- 09/20/09

Comment

That really does look very bright, that is cool it fit for you! I recently added a second brake light, it flashes for about three seconds then stays on until release the brake. I also installed a pair of license plate screw lights that perform as an extra turn signal. The right side of my Clear Alternative l.e.d. board does'nt flash amber anymore when I make a right turn; only red, will have to replace it!

http://[ame="http://s271.photobucket.com/albums/jj134/GEN1FALCON/?action=view&current=M2U00064.flv"][/ame]
                          sigpic

Current bike: 2007 Hayabusa

Comment

Working...
                          X