X

adjustable lowering links

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adjustable lowering links

I'm looking for some lowering links. The ones that are adjustable while on the bike. U turn them to adjust.
    I've found a few but they are pricey.
    MPS racing has them for $130
    Spencer cycle has them for $99 but they won't ship to Canada.
    Anyone know who else sells them for under $100?
    Michael

Originally posted by kriminaal View Post
    I'm looking for some lowering links. The ones that are adjustable while on the bike. U turn them to adjust.
    I've found a few but they are pricey.
    MPS racing has them for $130
    Spencer cycle has them for $99 but they won't ship to Canada.
    Anyone know who else sells them for under $100?
    Tmod made a set for the post Kat, and Teddy is testing them right now I believe. Not sure on the price, but it's in progress.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I talked to the guy ( a guy) at Spencer Cycle and he's going to get me a quote on shipping up here. Hopefully it's not too high.
      Michael

Comment

you didnt mention pre or post, but how about these?

89 gs500e, k&n air filter, sv650 rear wheel swap, gsxr rear shock, 06 tank and bodywork, sv650 tail swap,

93 kat 750 v&h ssr2 full exhaust, 99 katana front wheel, a 180/55 on stock rim, post controls, heated grips

Comment

I talked to the guy ( a guy) at Spencer Cycle and he's going to get me a quote on shipping up here. Hopefully it's not too high.
          I looked at Spencer Cycle website and they don't show anything for the kat that I saw.

Tmod

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy_nash View Post
            you didnt mention pre or post, but how about these?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SUZUK...4506.m20.l1116

Are not adjustable mounted on the bike.

They are looking for something like this, but for a Kat...

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Last contact I had, he said he had shipped them.
              However he has not billed my Visa yet. SO I don't know what to think.

Anyway I bought a seat from a wreckers and carved it out quite a bit. It really helps, now I need about an inch more and it should be perfect.
              Michael

Comment

Those are the exact ones I believe.
                Soupys gets them from Spencers Cycle.
                Michael

Comment

I don't think you will be able to adjust that lowering link on the bike though.

Tmod

Comment

No?
                    It's only adjustable before putting on?
                    I kind of wondered about reaching the top nut.
                    Michael

Comment

No?
                      It's only adjustable before putting on?
                      I kind of wondered about reaching the top nut.
                      I made a set and sent them to teddy for fitment and what not and he could not access the top nut after everything was set and in place. You can see my adjustable links in teddy's thread Here.

Tmod

Comment

Well I got my lowering links in the mail. Kind of surprised actually.
                        They were $99 incl shipping.
                        I hope to get them installed this weekend.
                        Michael

Comment

So I got them on.
                          Not impressed. First the bolt holes were too small. So I had to drill them out.
                          Then I had to grind down the flange on the nuts because they were too large for the recess on the lowering link ends.
                          I have them on but have to take them off again. I turned out the ends even on both ends figuring that would be smart. However I still need more adjustment and turning it as far as I need to will not leave enough thread inside at the top end.
                          It is super slammed right now.lol
                          I'll be calling Spencer Cycle tomorrow to tell them it's an improper product to be selling saying it's intended to fit a Katana.
                          Yeah, after modifications it is.
                          Michael

Comment

Working...
                          X