X

Exhaust Installation cost

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust Installation cost

Hey guys so I had just bought a 2 Brothers M5 Slip on and its on its way being shipped to me. Does anybody have an idea to how much it will cost to be installed? Any enlightenment would be really appreciated!!!

Why pay the money to have it installed??? Just do it yourself.

Seriously it is not difficult at all. All you will need that you might have to rent is a sawzall.

You remove stock exhaust and then cut the mid pipe I think 2 inches from the weld (2 Bros detail distance in instructions). You then slip on the new exhaust and line everythign up before tightening the brackets and applying the sealant around the area that the slip on pipe meets the original midpipe.

Should take you maybe 45 minutes.

Or you can take it to the shop where they typically charge you 100+ an hour and will probably charge you 2 hours worth of labor for that job....
    I am a Penn State fanatic.
    Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Comment

Damn, would I need to cut the midpipe for my Scorpion slip-on?
      "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone." - Bill Cosby

ProGrip||Scorpion

Comment

well i kinda wanted to see if it would be worth it to either do it myself or just pay for it to be done by a mechanic... I mean as much as i would love to try doin it myself, id rather let someone that will do a better job then me for sure to make it look kinda nice... But thanx for the heads up... Does that need jetting or is that for jus full exhaust systems?

Comment

Originally posted by Si Speed 317 View Post
          Damn, would I need to cut the midpipe for my Scorpion slip-on?
          Yup

Originally posted by slayer227 View Post
          well i kinda wanted to see if it would be worth it to either do it myself or just pay for it to be done by a mechanic... I mean as much as i would love to try doin it myself, id rather let someone that will do a better job then me for sure to make it look kinda nice... But thanx for the heads up... Does that need jetting or is that for jus full exhaust systems?
          You do not have to jet the bike with a slip on.

Seriously though do not be scared of installing an exhaust. It is one of the easiesr things you can do. Even if you cut through the mid pipe crooked then the sleeve of the slip on covers it up.

Really there is nothing to it. It is all of 1 bolt in the bracket and tightening one clamp around the midpipe. That is it man. Do not go into it scared. My only advice when using the sawzall is to put something behind the midpipe so when you are cuting and get through thte pipe, you do not "bump" into something else with a rotating blade....
          Last edited by soulpatch; 05-02-2009, 11:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
          I am a Penn State fanatic.
          Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Comment

i have a two bros M2 slip on there was no cutting required you get a mid pipe with the can they simply bolt together and the exhuast slips into the header reattach bolts and tighten! Don't forget to remove gasket from old exhuast and place on new exhaust! it seals mide pipe to header!
            04 kat 600 currently bone stock!

Comment

If there were anything easier than changing your own oil, it would be putting an exhaust on. Go for it man, she's your baby, don't let some grease monkey MMI douche touch it
              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              Originally posted by soulless kaos
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

+1 on the no cutting I installed my Two Brothers M2 last year and there is no cutting they give you the new mid pipe it just slips into the manifold pipe tighen the clamp and bolt the can to the new midpipe then secure it under the passenger peg when the old can bolted up. It took me all of 20 Min. with the right tools. Learn as you go and have a ball working on your bike. If you need anyting just ask someone one on here will alway help you and have an answer. Good Luck!

Comment

Fear not the slip on .....For it does not fear you!! Nuttin easier!!
                  Joker
                  The newest addition to the Family!
                  sigpic
                  stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

Just wait and read the directions when you get it. My 9 yr old could install this
                    myspace
                    2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

+2 on the midpipe cutting. There is NO cutting required for 2bros exhaust. The included midpipe will fit directly to the stock headers. I have a 2bros on my Kat as well. You're gonna love the low rumble sound!

Comment

Working...
                      X