X

Help!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!

I got my 93 600kat and am doing some work to it. I want to put new pipes on and take off the stock ones. I have found exhausts but how do I know which will fit. What other years are applicable to my bike?

Originally posted by ghostryda33 View Post
    I got my 93 600kat and am doing some work to it. I want to put new pipes on and take off the stock ones. I have found exhausts but how do I know which will fit. What other years are applicable to my bike?
    89-97 kat 600 will fit no problem, 98+ kat can be made to fit easily with either denting the collector or swapping the oil pan (I'd suggest the oil pan).

If you go with the 98+, it will open up your slip on options to alot of choices.

Exhausts from other bikes may or may not fit... so if your looking at one that is not an exhause, you may need to ask about it specificaly.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

how do i go about changing out the oil pan, where do i get one that will make it so that I can put on a different exhast if it is 98+

Comment

There is a full walkthru on doing this mod, with many pictures posted up not long ago. Try a search of the board for that thread.

You can get the parts by ordering new, ebay, or perhaps someone on this forum has them.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

any idea how to find that thread i tried looking for it but can not find it

Comment

How to: Post exhaust on Pre, Everything

Comment

Working...
            X