X

New Exhaust - adjust carbs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Exhaust - adjust carbs?

I have a 2001 Katana 600. Im looking to put a slip on on it. I havnet decided which one yet, but I have been told that I might have to adjust the carbs or re-jet them for the exhaust going on. Is this true? or can I just put the slip on on there and be ok? WIll it affect how it runs or performance?

Thanks ahead for the input

Just adding a slip on, from what I know-won't need a jet kit. If you get anything at all (as far as different noise) you will probrably notice some deceleration "popping". I gutted a 2003 can for my 05 and have this, but it doesn't bother me.
    Horn broken--watch for finger....

Comment

d&d slip on + Ivans jet kit = Kick Arse!!!!!!!!
      "The country i am hearing now a days is a bunch of F***ing S*** to me" Hank Williams lll

Comment

You don't need a jet kit. You will, however, benefit from one.

If you don't have the money, turn the air/fuel mixture screws on the carbs out 1/4 turn.
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I just had to have the carbs pulled and cleaned - the bike saty for 3 years before I bought it - and that set me back a bit so I really dont want to have surgery on it again. Im not sure the wallet could take more of it. I do want to get a little better sound than the factory can on there....too quiet.

Comment

You don't need to jet for a slip on. Yes for a full system.
            -Steve

sigpic
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
            Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Working...
            X