X

Yet another mesh mod - pre Kat.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another mesh mod - pre Kat.

I did my mesh mod a little different than most. Im not a fan of stretched metal and I had some spare aluminum laying around the shop so I made it out of that.

I starting by making a template of the hole in the side of my fairings so that I could make a wooden buck to press the metal in. I used some half inch MDF I had laying around. With a jig saw I cut out the template, saving the section I removed for the buck.

I rounded the edges of the buck to make a nice rounded edge on the aluminum. I was using scrap metal so it wasnt as large as I wanted so the edges came up a little short but its hard to notice when its on the fairing.

I layed the metal over the whole in the MDF with the center pice laying on top and tapped the buck down into place until it was level. I left, or tried to leave, enough metal around the edge so I can attach the metal to the back side of the fairing.

A little hand bending and the perferated aluminum fit into the fairing pretty well. I havent glue the mesh in yet but so far Im happy with the results.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by HemiKat; 04-26-2009, 07:47 PM.
    Originally posted by arsenic
    93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

That looks really nice.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I like the look and you have done a great job. I also want to do this, BUT does it have any effect on cooling airflow or anything to do with cooling, that has been the one thing holding me back.

Comment

painting it prior to install?
        the kat may be the gixxer's retarded cousin, but she's a hefty broad... and i do loves me some girth between my thighs.
        # 99 HYPERSLOTH RACING
        [02 gsx750f][03 cbr600rr]

Comment

Nice job...looks good!
          2006 GSXR 600 Gone to Gixxer heaven
          BMC Notorious 918 HT
          2007 GSXR 750

KATRIDERS SOCAL GROUP RIDE 2009

Comment

Looks really nice, way to give your Kat a personal touch.
            2002 GSXF 750

Comment

Working...
            X