X

NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!! '06 Kat 600

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!! '06 Kat 600

I installed a D&D in place of the stock. I pulled the little wire mesh thing out of the stock header where the mid pipe slids in. I am now leaking a little air there. I cannot get the thing back in now and not sure how far i can drive it with the air leaking. kidbloop said he can help me, but I have to get my bike to him and I have to have it going by 5am tomorrow as I have to drive to work out of town (92miles)

What can I do?????
    R.I.P. CYBERPOET

***WE WILL RIDE TOGETHER AGAIN ONE DAY***

Is the D&D midpipe bigger than the stock one? the mesh circle is the exhaust gasket. I would have thought the new pipe should have slid right in the old ones place.

The only thing I could recommend, assuming it won't fit with a gasket is use some exhaust sealer in it's place to plug the leaks. I had to do this with my Wileyco slip on,
    Kyle

Comment

Used exhaust sealer. sealed everything up.
      R.I.P. CYBERPOET

***WE WILL RIDE TOGETHER AGAIN ONE DAY***

Comment

I have the same problem on my ZX. Honda ripped the steel wool-ish gasket out of the midpipe when they mounted my tires, now my exhaust rattles like hell. Is the exhaust sealer stuff just like silicone in a tube?
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

How big of a gap are you talking about?

If he runs it like it is he shouldn't hurt anything right? All of the backpressure is happening in the headers. Basically ride it where you have to and then fix when you have time. I would need our more knowledgable staff to confirm that is ok.
          -2000 "750"

Comment

Originally posted by Cheriff View Post
            If he runs it like it is he shouldn't hurt anything right?
            I've run mine the same way for the last 2-3k miles and have noticed no ill effects. However, the valves did need to be checked before it happened and are still pretty clackity.
            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
            Originally posted by soulless kaos
            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

bump...
              -2000 "750"

Comment

Working...
              X